Lane Kiffin Comment- Rome

HWK4LYF

I was listening to the radio while driving to lunch and caught part of an interview between Rome and Lane Kiffin.

Although this is not a verbatim quote, it captures the essence of Kiffin's comment:

"When we signed guys at UT, they did not sign to wear orange on their jerseys, they signed to play for Lane and Monte Kiffin."

To say that this guy is arrogant and self-absorbed is an understatement.

Go Hawks!

I was listening to the radio while driving to lunch and caught part of an interview between Rome and Lane Kiffin.

Although this is not a verbatim quote, it captures the essence of Kiffin's comment:

"When we signed guys at UT, they did not sign to wear orange on their jerseys, they signed to play for Lane and Monte Kiffin."

Go Hawks!

If you look up "******" in the dictionary im pretty sure there is a picture of Lane Kiffin

I guess if i got 3 high profile jobs without accomplishing anything i would be pretty full of myself as well

I listened to part of the interview. Rome asked if he felt back for leaving after one year, etc. and he said he did not feel bad at all because he is confident he is leaving the program better off than it was before he got there. Not sure if I buy that logic either

I listened to part of the interview. Rome asked if he felt back for leaving after one year, etc. and he said he did not feel bad at all because he is confident he is leaving the program better off than it was before he got there. Not sure if I buy that logic either

No one wants to admit it but I think it's true. If the program wasn't in a better place then the students of Tennessee would not have been out burning mattresses in anger of him leaving.

Last edited:
No one wants to admit it but I think it's true. If the program in a better place then the students of Tennessee would not have been out burning mattresses in anger of him leaving.

You can't be serious... can you?
They did that because they basically got crapped on. I don't remember, what were they 7-6, 6-7? Fulmer was a lot better than his azz... period...

Dude must have the personality of a serial killer, used car salesman and con man, all rolled into one...what a turd.

They did that because they basically got crapped on. I don't remember, what were they 7-6, 6-7? Fulmer was a lot better than his azz... period...

My sarcasm detector blipped when I read the first comment. Yours?

I think he believes it and so do the fans of Tennessee. If they thought the program was worse off, regardless of getting crapped on, they would not have been out protesting. Getting crapped on alone is not burn you mattress worthy, there has to be more. I think they had hope for the program after playing Florida and Alabama so close this year. That hope was crushed when he left because they felt like the program was so close to breaking through to the top.

There will not be one team all next year that I will root against, as bad as I will root against USC. Besides the Hawks, my next favorite team will be who ever is playing USC.

I think he believes it and so do the fans of Tennessee. If they thought the program was worse off, regardless of getting crapped on, they would not have been out protesting. Getting crapped on alone is not burn you mattress worthy, there has to be more. I think they had hope for the program after playing Florida and Alabama so close this year. That hope was crushed when he left because they felt like the program was so close to breaking through to the top.

You're talking about a fanbase that includes people who get robbed by players and say things like "They should be able to play...it's Tennessee, that's just how it is sometimes"...they'd absolutely lose it just on the basis of getting crapped on...they weren't pi$$ed about the awesome improvement and record of 7-6...Never underestimate the rabid-ness of the SEC fans...not to mention you're talking about pi$$ed off college kids.

C'mon guys he is an experienced head coach with 12 whole wins under his belt. Why shouldn't a perrinial power house team like USC want him? (tongue in cheek)!

Go Hawks!

Don't be naive; that's why every kid signs with a particular team. If they're on scholarhship, they don't give a damn about academics. They're going to that school to play for that coach. You think a guy like Adrian Clayborn is playing for Iowa because it's what he was looking for academically?

Don't be naive; that's why every kid signs with a particular team. If they're on scholarhship, they don't give a damn about academics. They're going to that school to play for that coach. You think a guy like Adrian Clayborn is playing for Iowa because it's what he was looking for academically?

Who's the one being naive here...the overwhelming majority of college football players play in their homestate. You really don't think Notre Dame gets more players based on the fact that they're Notre Dame than whoever happens to be the head coach at the time?

The numbers would differ depending on school and coach...but I would say that more than 50% of kids are where they are because of the school and not the coach. I'm not talking about academics...I'm talking about athletic programs and history.

Go Hawks!

Who's the one being naive here...the overwhelming majority of college football players play in their homestate. You really don't think Notre Dame gets more players based on the fact that they're Notre Dame than whoever happens to be the head coach at the time?

The numbers would differ depending on school and coach...but I would say that more than 50% of kids are where they are because of the school and not the coach. I'm not talking about academics...I'm talking about athletic programs and history.

I'm sure Notre Dame get a lot of kids who want to play for them just because of the name. Michigan and Ohio State are the same way. My whole point is that just because Lane Kiffin said this:

Doesn't mean that he's being arrogant or being a ******-bag. He's telling the truth, and you insert any school or any coach into that statement, and it would be just as true.

If Lane Kiffin had been coaching at UNI he wouldn't have gotten any of those recruits...so for him to try and take all of the credit is simply arrogance. The school that he was at and the conference they play in mattered more than the fact that Lane Kiffin was doing the recruiting.

Take Lane Kiffin out of the equation and they probably still get some of those recruits...insert Kiffin at a school in a lesser conference without the tradition that Tennessee has and I'm not sure he brings any of those kids in.

No, it's not true at all. If Ferentz were to leave, he wouldn't try to pull recruits with him. He would say "we recruited those players to go to the University of Iowa". As would any halfway decent and moral coach. If a player commits strictly based on one coach, then they aren't very smart, because you can't possibly be certain that you are going to have one coach your entire 4-5 years stint at a place. Lane is so arrogant and stupid, that he doesn't realize that his statement could scare away potential recruits based on his logic. Because if the NFL came calling again, why wouldn't he leave? The guy has no loyalty to anyone or anything. So why would you want to play for Lane if there's a good chance he won't last 5 years at USC.

When the season ended Tennessee was better off than they were end of last year. But that statement is entirely dependent upon their head coach still being there. Kiffen leaving puts them in a much worse position than they were when he started.

Latest posts