Ladies Cy-Hawk Game Thread

Wasn’t pretty, but they got the W.

Sidenote: They got to get Gabbie Marshall going. I know it is a shampoo, rinse and repeat of last year, but it has to happen much sooner this year.

Watching Caitlin closely, she has a tendency to flatten her shot at times, and that's when her percentage suffers. I hope someone in the film room reviews that with her. She's much more accurate when she launches with more of an arc. Even great shooters sometimes need little corrections here and there.

Regarding ISU, I was very impressed with their young players. Some real talent there, and they play hard. You could see that there was a concerted effort to get their forwards and guards back quickly to limit Iowa's quick scores and at the same time cover up for lack of mobility at center. On the break-outs Stuelke was picked up consistently by the forwards. They executed a very good game plan.

Wasn’t pretty, but they got the W.

Sidenote: They got to get Gabbie Marshall going. I know it is a shampoo, rinse and repeat of last year, but it has to happen much sooner this year.
God that'd be nice... Clark is only person in the back court that plays serious mins that can shoot outside otherwise. I don't think Davis is shooting very good out there either. Clark could have twice as many assists if they could hit a catch and shoot jumper.

The other issue they have is the center position is a problem. If Hannah's going to be playing limited mins for awhile that isn't good when they start playing conference games. Goodman and O'Grady aren't any good. All they can do is set screens and rebound a little. They can't move their feet they can't score even from point blank range very well. It's tough to watch them. When Clark comes off a screen with them they aren't capable of really being a spot up threat from midrange like Monika was. There's zero chemistry with them and Clark is just winging it and playing hero ball most of the time.

I don't even blame her for it cause with how this roster is constructed it's her and Martin and that's it just about. I go back to how they swung and missed in the transfer portal. They needed another post player bad. If Hannah stays nicked up or gets in foul trouble it just makes life tougher for Clark. Especially when the other guards can't hit shots.

Watching Caitlin closely, she has a tendency to flatten her shot at times, and that's when her percentage suffers. I hope someone in the film room reviews that with her. She's much more accurate when she launches with more of an arc. Even great shooters sometimes need little corrections here and there.

Regarding ISU, I was very impressed with their young players. Some real talent there, and they play hard. You could see that there was a concerted effort to get their forwards and guards back quickly to limit Iowa's quick scores and at the same time cover up for lack of mobility at center. On the break-outs Stuelke was picked up consistently by the forwards. They executed a very good game plan.
Most definitely. Even at the FT line when she misses that's often why she'll shoot it flat and hard with little touch. Sometimes I think on her jumpers she just gets tired and that affects it. She plays most of the game and really hard it'd be crazy tough to keep that stroke consistent and I don't think folks understand that. The volume she shoots is wild and it'd be tough to do. Yet she's as good at it as anyone has ever been.

Same here with ISU. It's impossible to hate Fennelly. He's as good of a guy as their is and a damn good coach. I find no reason to disrespect him. He's got a young team this yr and it's no surprise that they play hard like that. There was a point when Iowa was up 7 where I thought Iowa might really pull away but it didn't happen. Credit ISU for making it a game. This yr might be a tad tough for em but they'll be good going forward too.

Latest posts