Lack of "pundit" respect.

HemiHawk

Is it just me or is the lack of respect from numerous college football pundits getting to the comical stage? It just gives our guys more incentive to prove them wrong. For awhile I was irritated by this. Now I think its funny.

Best way to shut them up is to keep on winning. Well they may not shut up, but at least the Hawks are winning.

I think it's the popular thing to do. At the beginning of the year, everyone was talking about how terrible the Big Ten is. I think this is just a continuation of that argument.

Im still irritiated...but whatever maybe im just jealous they have a sick job...and please realize they have to say what gets the ratings...and the *******...its all about the ******* for these pundits.

Simply solution: Hit the "ignore" button. Don't listen to or read what these douchers have to say. If Iowa keeps winning, they will shutup.

They've been picking us to lose almost every week. For them to suddenly back us means they'd have to admit they were wrong - so it's probably not going to happen.

They're figuring we've GOT to lose at least one game, so they're sitting on the "I told you so" that they'll break out when/if we lose.

Exactly. I started yelling at the TV Sunday night when Jesse Palmer was spewing his crapola. Then I stopped and realized "My HAWKS are rated #4 in the BCS!!!! Why am I stress'n?" So I'll let Jesse and the non-believers stress out while I enjoy this first in a lifetime ride.

About the only pundit I listen to is Kirk Herbstreit. He is right more times than not. I also like Chris Fowler too.

To those who say "it doesn't matter what these guys say"...it kind of does, but we really don't know to what extent, because if AP voters are watching and listening and whoever it is that REALLY votes for the coaches are watching and listening, it will effect how they vote when trying to determine team A vs team B...but like I said, we really don't know how many of those voters actually watch or listen to these shows as opposed to watching and studying each team themselves.

I think I just took the long around to say "we probably should worry about them a little, but not TOO much"...

Edit: And the AP isn't a part of the BCS anymore anyway, so that poll truly doesn't matter.

I don't think there is a terrible amount of disrespect by pundits. There are those who don't beleive in us, but I honestly can understand why.

There are some, though, that are really stupid, and say pretty outlandish things. With that in mind let's play:

Who the hell is that stupid?

The rules are simple, guess which national radio and television host wrote the following on his or her website?

Iowa is also ahead of Boise State right now and their schedule has been garbage. It just doesn’t make sense. Meanwhile, the Broncos pounced on a Hawaii team that has fallen apart and is doing everything they can to hold on to their spot. Check out Iowa’s schedule. The three best teams on it are Penn State, Arizona and Ohio State. The three best on Boise’s schedule are Oregon, Fresno and Nevada. There really isn’t that big of a discrepancy between these teams this season. Not to mention, the Hawkeyes have beaten Northern Iowa, Arkansas State, Michigan State and Michigan by a total of 8 points. Boise State’s closest margin of victory was a 7-point win over Tulsa on the road in one of those deadly mid-week ESPN night games. So instead of looking at the facts, we’ll match Iowa up against Alabama, Florida or USC and watch them get absolutely rocked in a BCS Bowl game.

The winner gets a toaster and the home version.

I don't think there is a terrible amount of disrespect by pundits. There are those who don't beleive in us, but I honestly can understand why.

There are some, though, that are really stupid, and say pretty outlandish things. With that in mind let's play:

The rules are simple, guess which national radio and television host wrote the following on his or her website?

Iowa is also ahead of Boise State right now and their schedule has been garbage. It just doesn’t make sense. Meanwhile, the Broncos pounced on a Hawaii team that has fallen apart and is doing everything they can to hold on to their spot. Check out Iowa’s schedule. The three best teams on it are Penn State, Arizona and Ohio State. The three best on Boise’s schedule are Oregon, Fresno and Nevada. There really isn’t that big of a discrepancy between these teams this season. Not to mention, the Hawkeyes have beaten Northern Iowa, Arkansas State, Michigan State and Michigan by a total of 8 points. Boise State’s closest margin of victory was a 7-point win over Tulsa on the road in one of those deadly mid-week ESPN night games. So instead of looking at the facts, we’ll match Iowa up against Alabama, Florida or USC and watch them get absolutely rocked in a BCS Bowl game.

Colon Cowturd?

About the only pundit I listen to is Kirk Herbstreit. He is right more times than not. I also like Chris Fowler too.

I definitely agree with you on Herbstreit. Seems like year in and year out I agree with him on just about every point of view. Fowler I'm 50/50 on. Seems like he likes to play devil's advocate with the other guys all the time...maybe just to get the discussion going, but it gets a bit tired at times.

One thing I find interesting is that of all the main pundits on ESPN, Herbstreit is the one that backs Iowa the most, and he's the one that's seen us in person twice this year. I think a week or two ago he made the comment that you really need to see this Iowa team in person to fully appreciate what they do.

You've got to be joking? No one could actually say that and expect to be taken seriously.

I'll go with C.C too.

Latest posts