Lachey and Higgins are the real deals

Hawkfnntn

We pretty much knew Lachey would be. But now he's doing it. I don't think this will be his best game this yr by anymeans they'll continue to lean on him. He's a mismatch nightmare. Anytime you get him one on one and can get him downfield put it up for him. He makes 50/50 more like 80/20 in our favor.

Higgins is big time too. He was always where he needed to be. He got there fast and not only did he not miss tackles but when he hit guys they stopped. This is a guy we should be fortunate didn't transfer last yr because he stayed and sat behind 2 studs and coulda been starting and playing for lots of other teams. Man I was impressed with how well he played.

Jackson looked a step slow/tentative/uncertain out there yet. I think as time goes on he'll improve. New team new concepts and being asked to play a different LB position then he used to should give him some grace period before criticizing his play very much. Granted we'll need him to improve fast out there on the job but I think he will.

There is a reason why the coaching staff flipped Higgins and Jackson around. Let Higgins have the MIKE duties and let Jackson figure it out at the WIL/Leo spot. It is going to take a minute for Jackson to start playing downhill the way Higgins is.

Yes it looks like Higgins and Jackson got flipped. Somebody mentioned that because of Utah St's no TE formations, Jackson spent most of the day in pass coverage as the leo/cash, which is one reason Higgins got so many tackles as the mike compared to Jackson. But I thought Iowa would usually just play an extra DB in the cash position against those types of teams. Could it be Iowa was so low in depth on DB's, they decided it would be better to just keep Jackson in the game?