Kyle Meyer transferring...now what?

JHHawk

I was hoping that Kyle would be the second big man in 2015-17 along with Woody, but not happening now.

So, do we rush out and look for an extra big man, like Big Ike, and have him redshirt next year or look for immediate help for next year or bank it and use it in the 2015 class.

We will need a big man, but I am ok with a 2015 class of Toye, Hutton, Morrow, Boudreaux/Watson.

We do need Willie Atwood more than ever now, tho.

Fran has got to land a transfer now. There is no one left in the 2014 class that Iowa can get that can make an impact next year. And giving that scholarship to a project and have him make an impact 2-3 years from now would be a complete waste and just another Meyer miss.

Wow this is just like Likliter over again .............. we are screwed!!

either i'm missing your sarcasm........or you don't see the vast difference in this transfer v. that transfer. i'm guessing this one has been 'in the works' since that post-season discussion the coach references in the article.

Not a huge surprise. He's along ways from home with a slim chance of getting to play a lot. There are alot of schools between Iowa City and Georgia he can go to that he'll have a shot at playing. I don't blame him. Would rather have him then not but I'm not going to get bent out of shape over it.

Mother Nature at work..........it's how the herd gets stronger.

Best of luck to Stokes and Meyer as well as Fran on the recruiting trail. There's opportunity for all parties involved.

I like the idea of offering big Ike. Also wonder if Fran looks a little closer at Nzei now that there is room for another big.

either i'm missing your sarcasm........or you don't see the vast difference in this transfer v. that transfer. i'm guessing this one has been 'in the works' since that post-season discussion the coach references in the article.

No, you got his sarcasm but chose to ignore it for some reason.

Mother Nature at work..........it's how the herd gets stronger.

Best of luck to Stokes and Meyer as well as Fran on the recruiting trail. There's opportunity for all parties involved.
Liek. My thoughts zackly .

Latest posts