another reason to be excited about the future, in his 1st game 6'10 PF
had 18 pts
16 rbs
10 blks
5 assists
twin towers in the making
Outstanding.....

MindBoggling even.....

Throw Melsohn and White into the mix and we might just have a potentially unstoppable team in the paint and in transition.....

:)

Calling Meyer a diamond in the rough is silly. Kid plays on one of the best AAU teams in the nation and has received plenty of attention.

Calling Meyer a diamond in the rough is silly. Kid plays on one of the best AAU teams in the nation and has received plenty of attention.

When he committed to Iowa he only had one or two offers...I think thats what the OP was referring to. So under the radar, diamond in the rough, late bloomer. Whatever you want to say

not so much a diamond in the rough, just he was ignored during summer evals due to a early commitment, he blew up this summer but was over shadowed by playing with Shaq Goodwin, some people feel he is one of the top players in Georgia
either way he is great pickup for Iowa

you could see a lineup of this @ some point on the floor
Gessel 6'2@ pt
Oglesby 6'5@ SG
White 6'8@ SF
Meyer 6'10@pf
Woodbury 7'1@ center

rather tall lineup

Yeah, Fran just got in on him early. But it wasn't really DITR. He would have had a lot of offers if he waited. Kind of like White.

I agree with caar...Iowa was fortunate to be on him early.

The 5 guys Iowa has coming in next season has me very excited. It has all the makings of one of the best classes for the Hawks in a long time.

Does this mean the trend of 6'6" post player for Iowa is a thing of the past? Hell YES

another reason to be excited about the future, in his 1st game 6'10 PF
had 18 pts
16 rbs
10 blks
5 assists
twin towers in the making

"Twin Towers???" What about THREE Towers. Oleseni might have something to say about the twin towers of Woodbury and Meyer. But it is definitely exciting to see some quality big men to work with.

Like I mentioned this summer after seeing him in some AAU games --

he reminded me of Bowen and Street. we're going to really like him as a Hawk.

7'1" center, 6'10'' forward, 6'8" forward makes for a big lineup, one that will rebound like crazy to get the fastbreak going...

Iowa is going to be a fun team to watch in the very near future.

Great numbers. I would like to see the opposition before getting too excited,tho. If he is blocking the shots of a bunch of 6 fters,well, it does make a diff.
But,I do like his stat-sheet stuffer numbers.

Still, not sure if a lineup of Gesell,Oglesby,White,Meyer and Woody would be quick enough to keep up with the speed and quickness of teams like Illini,IU,MSU,Mich,and OSU.

Latest posts