Kyle Meyer Commits to Iowa

Welcome to the Iowa Hawkeye community,Kyle!!

The 2012 class is vital to the future of Iowa Hawkeye bb and it is off and rolling now!!
Go Hawks!

Well I hope this kid is a good player. Only competition is East Carolina though and that makes me nervous

Well I hope this kid is a good player. Only competition is East Carolina though and that makes me nervous

My counterpoint to that would be - who would have been our competition for Basabe? He was a Siena commit. I could see people doubting him for that reason...and they would have been wrong!

http://thegazette.com/2011/03/...ecision-monday/

This vid shows him a few times. There's alot of good players on his team. Nice to see he can step out and shoot a 3. Not bad for 6'10''.

My thoughts from the video.

Nice touch and will have some nice moves. Looks to have slow, plodding feet, but he is a big and they take a while to grow into their body. It also doesn't hurt that he plays with some talented players. Probably help him get better.

My counterpoint to that would be - who would have been our competition for Basabe? He was a Siena commit. I could see people doubting him for that reason...and they would have been wrong!

St. Johns and Seton Hall, I know not a lot but seeing all the pub St Johns has been getting, I doubt we could win that battle.

Van Coleman has a nice writeup on Kyle Meyer on his new website,HotHoops100.
Saw Kyle play at three different AAU tournys last year and came away impressed with his ability to run and block shots...and hit the faceup jumper from arc in...also cites a developing postup game featuring an improving jumphook.
Says he has the frame to be at 235-240lbs by the end of his frosh year at Iowa and that he should vie for immediate playing time at Iowa.

Van Coleman has a nice writeup on Kyle Meyer on his new website,HotHoops100.
Saw Kyle play at three different AAU tournys last year and came away impressed with his ability to run and block shots...and hit the faceup jumper from arc in...also cites a developing postup game featuring an improving jumphook.
Says he has the frame to be at 235-240lbs by the end of his frosh year at Iowa and that he should vie for immediate playing time at Iowa.

Iowa adds Georgia big man for 2012

It is still really early for 2012 recruiting. The top level guys have lots of offers right now, but many guys recruitment won't heat up until summer AAU ball. That is when Ogelsby and Uthoff started getting offers. If this is the type of kid you think will start getting offers from BCS level competition in summer, it certainly is a good idea to identify him early and get him to commit before then.

That was more like "thinkos". Pages and points are....well....not close.

Kyle looks like a good talent and we need to send him some darn Casey's pizza to get him some bulk!

That's why HawkeyeNation has to carry Stormin to victory in that damn contest! Wait...is it an NCAA violation if we give the kid Casey's pizza???

Latest posts