Kudos to the selection committee AND Alvarez??

skinnykilmer17

They went about their business these past few weeks and didn't allow all the cynicism directed toward the Iowa football team to affect their decision-making. They recognized that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. No big stars. Iowa was a really good football team that was deserving of the lofty ranking. Remember the national outcry in Week 10 when they moved us from #9 all the way up to #5? That took some courage.

And this carried over to today's poll results. It wouldn't have surprised people if they had moved us below Ohio St. It really wouldn't have. They truly honored the determination and dominance Iowa displayed all year. Truly amazing that the first time we trailed all year in the 4th quarter was in Game 13.

And I know how many of us feel about Barry Alvarez, but I gotta believe given his strong personality and affinity for the Big Ten, he was in there slugging away for Iowa. Heck, maybe Osborne and him even played Good Cop/Bad Cop.

Last edited:
All good. Great teams. Wonderful season. Roses. #5 maybe #3 later. Great great bowl games! Love the system. Perfect. College football. Still awesome.
Night nite now sethy..

Who determines the final national poll? CFP committee, or do they revert to AP/coaches?

Reason being, if it is CFP, as they did in this poll by not dropping the teams that lost in their conference championships, I believe they also will not drop the 4 teams that clinched the playoff spots.... Unless there is a very lopsided semifinal game and/or msu wins it all, I don't see any hope for Iowa to move even a spot. Which isn't bad, but I'm just saying.

Who determines the final national poll? CFP committee, or do they revert to AP/coaches?

Reason being, if it is CFP, as they did in this poll by not dropping the teams that lost in their conference championships, I believe they also will not drop the 4 teams that clinched the playoff spots.... Unless there is a very lopsided semifinal game and/or msu wins it all, I don't see any hope for Iowa to move even a spot. Which isn't bad, but I'm just saying.

not sure if the CFP actually does a final poll but the AP and coaches poll will be released and they can do whatever the hell the want to do -

Latest posts