Kudos to the fans rockin' Carver!

DesMoinesHawki

Well done. Holy cow. I blasted the volume on tv at least 3/4 of way up -- absorbing all that noise. Have not heard Carver rocking like that in quite some time. Kudos to everyone who made the trek to the game. Wow. Now that was fun to watch on tv. I was cheering up a storm .... Unfortunately for my neighbors, it was 78 degrees in Des Moines and my living room windows were open ... Now THAT was Iowa basketball!

Could tell when listening to the first half on the radio, the crowd was very loud, could hear Dolph's tone change at times as a result.

Watching on TV was like watching every Duke game and the commentators continuously talked about the crowd!! Great job Hawk Fans..

Voice is shot, I stood and cheered in the student section the whole game. Im absolutly exhausted. This was only my 2nd game at carver, (first was against ohio st this yr) im so happy I got to see carver first hand like that tonight. Gave me chills

That was the most fun I had at a game all year. CHA was absolutely electric. Now THAT is the Carver that I knew and loved as a kid. Bring on the Ducks!

The Wisconsin game was pretty damn loud, and hd a bigger crowd. But this one was rowdier. Loudest I've ever heard Carver.

Our first game of season tonight....i turned around and asked the guys behind me and they said it was there first as well....i was wondering if this was normal during the big games of the season...I have been at Carver before...but it was very electric....Great Job Hawk Fans!

I was trying to do sudoku and the guy next to me kept bumping me. I told him to please take his rowdieness else where.

I was trying to do sudoku and the guy next to me kept bumping me. I told him to please take his rowdieness else where.

Oh wow. I was a couple rows behind you. I wanted to tell you I loved your sweater but was too busy with my poker game on the smartphone.

Looked great on TV. It was the first Iowa game that the crowd really dictated atmosphere... vs waiting for something good in the game to happen.

Like I have said before. Some of the most entertaining ISU games I have ever been to were NIT games. For some reason the passion jumps up a notch when the seating gets changed around a bit.

I have been going to Iowa BB games since 1964. That was the loudest, most raucous I have ever seen an Iowa home crowd. Incredible

my ears hurt, seriously

That's the way it should be at Carver Hawkeye. I remember going to a game during the old Amana-Hawkeye Classic. Granted it was over the winter holidays and students were gone but dear god there were people literally sitting on their hands at the game. As if being loud and cheering were not the proper thing to do at a sporting event.

The atmosphere at CHA needs to be like the Dayton game every home game they have. Iowa basketball is back.

I think it was because of the guy running the electric signs that said "make noise"! The arena has to be half way full for people to see them, and well..... Or the team can perform like they did last night and the above is not needed.

Latest posts