Kris Murray

If his brother had jumped last year he was a marginal first rounder, prob second rounder. He came back, upped his game, and now he is a lottery pick, maybe Top 3. Kris would be wise to follow his brother's path. He can continue to rake in some NIL money and greatly improve his draft stock. A two way deal for a second round pick is not guaranteed and sure as hell not the same as a lottery pick.

Either way, wish him well. He has to do what is best for him.

Fwiw, listened to Kakert on a local radio show a few hours ago and he seemed pretty confident that Kris is coming back. The Spurs and OKC have a bunch of picks in the first round if they choose not to give them up, they can afford to take a flyer on someone.

Not sure what to think anymore. After listening to Kakert, I am leaning toward him coming back.

If his brother had jumped last year he was a marginal first rounder, prob second rounder. He came back, upped his game, and now he is a lottery pick, maybe Top 3. Kris would be wise to follow his brother's path. He can continue to rake in some NIL money and greatly improve his draft stock. A two way deal for a second round pick is not guaranteed and sure as hell not the same as a lottery pick.

Either way, wish him well. He has to do what is best for him.
Thats what I think too. Kris at best is in the exact same boat as Keegan was last year. Keegan hands down made the best decision. If Kris thinks he can make anywhere close to the leap Keegan did, it makes sense financially to stay.

Kris has a lot of game to work on, question is work on it in the G-League and get a modest paycheck (by NBA standards) shuffle around up and down with the needs of the team or be a BMOC not share the spotlight with his brother or ride his coattails, then sign a top ten rookie contract with a signing bonus which will set him for life. Plus, get a ton of NIL money. Unless the contract is the kind of set me up for life money I would return for another year if I were him. That's just my thinking.

Kris has a lot of game to work on, question is work on it in the G-League and get a modest paycheck (by NBA standards) shuffle around up and down with the needs of the team or be a BMOC not share the spotlight with his brother or ride his coattails, then sign a top ten rookie contract with a signing bonus which will set him for life. Plus, get a ton of NIL money. Unless the contract is the kind of set me up for life money I would return for another year if I were him. That's just my thinking.

If this is what his choices are he is coming back to Iowa 100%.

After all, is said and done

And remember Done is One with a D

Would the Spurs take Keegan early and Kris later on with their second/third first-round picks?

Both of them playing together, as they have since birth, are a force to be reckoned with

Drastic rebuilding project for the Hawks if Kris goes

I would start watching the NBA Regular Season if The Twins are playing together

I will watch Keegan for certain

He is a pleasure to watch

Grant Hill/James Worthy and especially Jamal Wilkes, Silk himself

Keegan is comperable with them after 2 years of college ball

:cool:
Wouldn't that be interesting if the Spurs took either of them and they took Joe Ws spot?

I think the Pistons would be a fun fit for Keegan. I bet Garza can carve out a nitch they seem to be building the right direction. Not very fast but they were better then they were a couple yrs ago anyway

Kris has been invited to the NBA combine.

Jonathan Givony

@DraftExpress

Kofi Cockburn (Illinois), Collin Gillespie (Villanova), Scotty Pippen (Vanderbilt) and Kris Murray (Iowa) have all been invited directly to the NBA Combine in Chicago next week, per sources.

I guess there was some back and forth yesterday in regards to the reporting of Kris being invited to the NBA camp deal. Earlier in the day folks were saying he was invited but when NBA put out a list of invitees Keegan was on it but Kris wasn't... Sounds like it'll get cleared up what that's all about today. My guess is he changed his mind and media was slow to be informed is all. But hard telling. Either way looks like he'll be back so we dodged that bullet.

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong…he could still go to the combine and come back. I don’t understand why he would turn down the invite. There isn’t anything to lose by accepting the invite is my point.

He turned it down so I guess there is something.

Just getting a vibe he is coming back, so it is all good.

Kris was invited to the combine and declined the invitation.

Kenyon will be on the Hawk Fanatic Radio Show on KCJJ this morning at 9:30. We should get more clarity on the situation then.

You can listen live https://streamdb5web.securenetsystems.net/v5/index.cfm?stationCallSign=KCJJ
If you're still interested in going to the NBA and want to be a part of the 'process' what reasons does he have for declining the invite to the combine? Isn't the combine a part of said process? If not the biggest part? That's where they all can poke and prod them and see how all the guys measure up against each other etc. Is he hurt? I just don't understand the not wanting to go.

If you're like the top guy like what Zion was a few yrs ago and there's no reason to go to that then I can get that but for Keegan to be going and not Kris is head scratching to me