Kozan to Announce Today

LukeinBemidji

Sounds like it is between Iowa and Michigan....

Hoke had is in home visit last night - don't think that works out in Iowa's favor unfortunately. Also would doubt he'd fly to CO if they were full.

Adding another highly touted recruit for this class really adds icing to the cake. I'm pretty impressed with the staff's job thus far especially after all of the offseason drama in the past two years. ESPN predicts that he picks Iowa, but that Hoke vist doesn't sound good

Adding another highly touted recruit for this class really adds icing to the cake. I'm pretty impressed with the staff's job thus far especially after all of the offseason drama in the past two years. ESPN predicts that he picks Iowa, but that Hoke vist doesn't sound good

espn picked kozan to iowa knowing that hoke had an in home scheduled with him at the time of the prediction. their reasoning is he visited iowa early in the process and has kept with them all the while getting courted by some high flyers- ohio state and oregon, for example.

They weren't confident about getting Kozan a week ago.

they probably didn't even consider him or focus on him given the amount of high star guys they are involved with. kozan just one of many.

he is now on their short term memory radar given the visit last evening.

who knows, but i'll stick with my premise about michigan. arrogant bunch of folks. they certainly wouldn't openly admit (if they could even think of such a thing) that they thought a kid would pick iowa over michigan.

they probably didn't even consider him or focus on him given the amount of high star guys they are involved with. kozan just one of many.

he is now on their short term memory radar given the visit last evening.

who knows, but i'll stick with my premise about michigan. arrogant bunch of folks. they certainly wouldn't openly admit (if they could even think of such a thing) that they thought a kid would pick iowa over michigan.

From what it sounds like they missed out on someone opening up a spot for Kozan. I'm not sure on that though.

From what it sounds like they missed out on someone opening up a spot for Kozan. I'm not sure on that though.

their attitude would be the same as our attitude towards the juco running back (not sure if best example, but the one top-of-mind).......we offered him, now we have an opening, the only other schools in play are cincy and colorado state ....why wouldn't he come to iowa......they see this opening as his reason to sign.....almost an entitlement attitude.

their attitude would be the same as our attitude towards the juco running back (not sure if best example, but the one top-of-mind).......we offered him, now we have an opening, the only other schools in play are cincy and colorado state ....why wouldn't he come to iowa......they see this opening as his reason to sign.....almost an entitlement attitude.

I don't disagree. However, Auburn and Iowa are a bit different than cincy and CSU.

I've been to the big house and the horseshoe, and from those experiences I would say that Ohio State fans are much nicer people. Michigan fans are sitting on a pedestal of glory that pisses me off. (throw in an Appalachian State reference)

Granted I was with my cousin, who wan't such a gracious visitor. But the experience of being a road fan at Michigan is rough. Those people are jerks.

Beating them in the big house in 2002 (i think) was probably my favorite Iowa win ever. At the time, the worst home loss in Michigan history. Totally outclassed them that day.

I've been to the big house and the horseshoe, and from those experiences I would say that Ohio State fans are much nicer people. Michigan fans are sitting on a pedestal of glory that pisses me off. (throw in an Appalachian State reference)

Granted I was with my cousin, who wan't such a gracious visitor. But the experience of being a road fan at Michigan is rough. Those people are jerks.

Beating them in the big house in 2002 (i think) was probably my favorite Iowa win ever. At the time, the worst home loss in Michigan history. Totally outclassed them that day.

i've been to both as well, and would 100% agree with your experience. i was last there (osu) 1997 when game day was in town. totally nice and inviting people. michigan folks very arrogant and condescending and almost a mirror opposite experience.

i've been to both as well, and would 100% agree with your experience. i was last there (osu) 1997 when game day was in town. totally nice and inviting people. michigan folks very arrogant and condescending and almost a mirror opposite experience.

The OSU fans are really nice people, but I will say, I've never seen so many grown men wearing jerseys. It's the thing to do at the horseshoe, I guess. They all wear red OSU football jerseys. You look around and see 100,000 men wearing red jerseys, it's bizarre. I've never been a big jersey guy, so I don't really get it. I just don't like the concept of being a grown man and wearing another man's name and number on your chest. Regardless, good people at OSU, even more now that Mr. SweaterVest is gone.

The OSU fans are really nice people, but I will say, I've never seen so many grown men wearing jerseys. It's the thing to do at the horseshoe, I guess. They all wear red OSU football jerseys. You look around and see 100,000 men wearing red jerseys, it's bizarre. I've never been a big jersey guy, so I don't really get it. I just don't like the concept of being a grown man and wearing another man's name and number on your chest. Regardless, good people at OSU, even more now that Mr. SweaterVest is gone.

i'm with you - don't own one myself. jerseys and buckeye necklaces....