Kozan and O'Connor

I would be shocked if Iowa gets either, we don't have a snake salesman as our head coach that sells whatever it takes to get them signed.

Some posters on OSU's Scout site think he committed over the weekend and others say he is going to visit Cal this weekend. He may well end up at OSU but nothing has been announced yet.

I would be shocked if Iowa gets either, we don't have a snake salesman as our head coach that sells whatever it takes to get them signed.
recruiting is a tough game....the Nick Saban and Urban Meyers of the world are better at it than a guy like Ferentz. That's why they win NC's.

recruiting is a tough game....the Nick Saban and Urban Meyers of the world are better at it than a guy like Ferentz. That's why they win NC's.

Yup you are right, the coaches who know how to lie to recruits to get them there defiantly have a big advantage....it is nice to see that not all coaches are like that, but that also shows in records and bowl games.

So funny when you hear kids choosing between a free ride to Cal and a free ride to OSU. Ask any student who is actually eligible to go to both schools and has the money where they would go and they would LTFAO!

Let's see, should I go to a giant non-descript school in the middle of nowhere, or an elite university that overlooks the San Francisco Bay? What to do? What to do?

I wonder if the B1G will let Urb oversign recruits like they do in the SEC?

Not that I thought I would ever be defending Urb, but I think Florida (and also Georgia IIRC) are firmly opposed to oversigning and don't allow it. I believe it's more of an SEC west phenomenon.

I believe we had very little shot at getting O'Connor, but still holding out hope with Kozan.

I'd be really surprised if Kozan goes to OSU. I saw OSU got another OL prospect besides O'Connor over the weekend. They can't have too many OL spots left can they?

edit: just read the Kozan piece and OSU wasn't in his final 3. They must have filled up.

Last edited:
I still would have a coach with integrity telling players the truth than someone lying through their teeth, even if it means losing a big name. And with the NFL pipeline for the OL ar Iowa, I think Kozan might give us a long look.

Kozan isn't being pursued by OSU now. They want Dodson, Diamond or both. As for oversigning I believe Urban averaged 22 commits a year at Florida.

typical OSU fan that thinks every highly ranked kid will go to OSU,
doesn't everybody know it is OSU's god given right to get these recruits and Iowa should just accept their place as getting bottum tiered recruits

Kozan isn't being pursued by OSU now. They want Dodson, Diamond or both. As for oversigning I believe Urban averaged 22 commits a year at Florida.

Not saying you are wrong about anything you've said in this thread, but the arrogant nature in which you say it is a bit much.

I guess I've never thought too poorly of fufred, usually has good/accurate info.

As for OSU thinking they can get every top recruit and leave Iowa with the leftovers. Well, what does history tell you? How many top recruits has Iowa beaten those schools for? Not very many, or any that I can recall. The truth hurts sometimes.

Lots of butthurt going on in this thread. In case you havent noticed, we dont beat out OSU for recruits very often at all. Im happy with the guys we have thus far and would be thrilled with adding Kozan. Just because OSU isnt after him anymore doesnt mean he isnt the same quality of player.

Fufred used to irritate me on here but he is right more often than not when it comes to OSU recruiting. Im guessing its more in the delivery of the message from fufred than the actual message itself.