KOK interested in the Indiana job?!

If IU looks @ his Offensive production for 10 years @ Iowa they will come to the same conclusion as most Iowa fans have.

No chance.

This is the same school that hired bill lynch so anything is possible.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET HIM GO!

Someone should start a facebook group or something: Iowa fans in support of KOK to Indiana.

I'd have a hard time believing he would go to a school in the same conference and coach against his good friend.

Agreed. The very idea is laughable.

You guys need to get some perspective - for one, you do realize this is for the HC, not the OC job, right?

Second, KOK has some pretty good HC cred - granted at a lower level of ball, but he has a career 83-17-1 record, including a DIII national title.

Just throwing it out there. I have not been thrilled w/our offensive performance at times too, but I think KOK has been vilified by the Iowa fanbase for so long, there's this impression around that he is a slobbering neanderthal that knows nothing about coaching. I would venture a guess he knows more about football & coaching than any 10 HN posters put together. Just sayin'.

KOK going to IU isn't going to solve the issues most of us have with the Iowa offense. Furthermore it would cause thousands of heads to explode across the state when Lester Erb is promoted to OC.

Last edited:
You guys need to get some perspective - for one, you do realize this is for the HC, not the OC job, right?

Second, KOK has some pretty good HC cred - granted at a lower level of ball, but he has a career 83-17-1 record, including a DIII national title.

Just throwing it out there. I have not been thrilled w/our offensive performance at times too, but I think KOK has been vilified by the Iowa fanbase for so long, there's this impression around that he is a slobbering neanderthal that knows nothing about coaching. I would venture a guess he knows more about football & coaching than any 10 HN posters put together. Just sayin'.

KOK going to IU isn't going to solve the issues most of us have with the Iowa offense.

Agreed

This would be an interesting hire by Indiana. For one, the fanbase would vilify the AD.

But he could respond... the guy's head coaching resume is beyond impressibe, regardless of what division it was at, and the guy learned how to rebuild a program from Kirk Ferentz.

Do I think it is likely to happen, no but it wouldn't be the worst move in the history of the world for a program that needs any connection to Big Time CFB it can get.

HC is about organization and hiring the right people. I bet KOK would be very good at that. The next part is sales/media relations- Kirk shields his coordinators from that, but the few interactions I've had with the man suggests he would be affective at this in a low key way. I understand people and their vitriol, but with KOK it's misplaced.

If someone else hires him as a coach in any capacity then I will stand corrected.

Latest posts