Koerner

spliff45

Saw that Jack Koerner was in a boating accident on the Lake of the Ozarks yesterday. He was taken by ambulance to the hospital. Another person he was with was life flighted to the hospital. It was a boat/jet ski accident

Crazy, those can be really scary. Hope he's ok. Sucks for the team but his well-being is much more important.

If you have never been to the Lake of the Ozarks, I will tell it is a zoo. On the weekends the lake is absolutely packed. People from all over are at that lake. My FIL had a house on the lake and we would never go on weekends because of how crazy it is. The channel is just full of boats, so you find a cove to do your skiing and jet skiing and tubing in. Those are still busy.

And those Sea Doos are just fast.

I once got a $100 ticket for not staying 100 feet from a boat on a jet ski.

Prayers to all those involved.

Thank God he at least had the life jacket on.

If you are dazed or knocked out and thrown in the water without one of those......

Grew up near the Mississippi River, spent a decent deal of my childhood on it. My dad was once partners in a business that serviced commercial towboats. I have heard stories with tragic endings over the years.

I hope he and his pal will be ok. I spend a lot of time in my boat and I am amazed by the carelessness I see. It’s a safe hobby that can turn dangerous in a heartbeat.

Yep. Literally, a heartbeat.

My wife and I have gotten stand-up paddleboards in the last year. There are certain lakes and places we simply will not go because of the carelessness we have seen. "Chain of lakes" type areas, with canals/channels connecting them, are practically tailor-made for catastrophes. Alcohol doesn't help matters, either.

Prayers for Jack, his friend, and the others involved.

Last edited:
Apparently the other guy on the jet ski had to have his leg amputated and is on a ventilator. Not sure if Koerner made contact with the propeller.

If you have never been to the Lake of the Ozarks, I will tell it is a zoo. On the weekends the lake is absolutely packed. People from all over are at that lake. My FIL had a house on the lake and we would never go on weekends because of how crazy it is. The channel is just full of boats, so you find a cove to do your skiing and jet skiing and tubing in. Those are still busy.

And those Sea Doos are just fast.

I once got a $100 ticket for not staying 100 feet from a boat on a jet ski.

Prayers to all those involved.
Best to ride during the week, or if on the weekend very early before it gets packed and rough.

This lake is not for the inexperienced. Too many do not understand the implications and underestimate how small the margin of error can be on the water. Motorized or not. The LOZ just magnifies it with the large number of boats that can be out there. The lake is a great place to be, just respect the water and allow each other plenty of room to play and everything will be fine.

Last edited:
This lake is not for the inexperienced. Too many do not understand the implications and underestimate how small the margin of error can be on the water. Motorized or not. The LOZ just magnifies it with the large number of boats that can be out there.

Experienced or not.... Alcohol and boats is a problem.

Latest posts