KM in a walking boot?

Heard Kris is out 2-4 weeks with Plantar fasciitis. That’s brutal if true

Really difficult to even walk with Plater F

I had it for about 2 and a half months, and it was painful constantly

Supposed to take 6-12 months to heal for those middle-aged and older

Went online to the Mayo Clinic, Johns-Hopkins, and Web Md

All said that you had to stretch the tendon wearing weird boots, a rocking boot

I spend a lot of time reading, on the internet and watching movies, retired and all that

I extended my leg and pulled/tilted my foot back toward my hips for hours at a time

Planter F went away after 2/3 weeks, completely gone

Don't know how Kris could possibly play if that is the condition

Last edited:
One of the many running injuries I had in my forties. I could run with it, even run races with it. But the straighter the line the better. Left turn and hell came to breakfast (fortunately most 5k races are out and back)

I had the mild case of it (relatively speaking because it's anything but mild when it's your case) and I hope it's mild with Keegan as well. It affects lateral movement the most and by golly guess what sport Murray plays?

Kris Bryant had a severe case of it and missed the entire second half of the baseball season.
Mine was ok as long as I was moving. Anytime I stopped walking or running for more than a few seconds as soon as I started to take another step was like getting stabbed with a hot knife in the bottom of my foot. Very demoralizing.

Seems like quite a few have had it. I’m dealing with it right now. Have had it for over 6 months. Second trip to doctor tomorrow.

Seems like it can be all over the map for some symptoms as well as recuperation times. That’s what’s concerning if that is what Murray is dealing with.

I had it twice during my track years. As mentioned, it hurts like shit when you first get up in the morning, but it loosens up. It usually reacts pretty well to rehab and rest. You can also play through it with a proper tape job and maybe some pain killers. Its mostly a pain management deal. You really cannot make it any worse, but it usually does not get any better without full rest for a period of time.

I am guessing they are going to try to rest him through the end of the year and hope it fully heals and then bring him back for full conference play. If they don't do that, it will linger the rest of the season.

Let's hope he is a quick healer.

If he was injured early in the game

Why the F keep playing him

He wasn't all that effective anyway

Aggravate the injury and have him on the injured reserve list longer

Might as well kiss the season goodbye sooner rather than later

The name of the game is to score more points than your opponent and we appear
to have extreme difficulty putting the ball in the basket

Kris is really our only threat

Bowen is a bright light though

More floor time is a must

:cool:
Your post reads like an odd poem.

I hope they get Kris back soon but somehow we "survived" ISU :)

I was just looking at the schedule, initially, I thought he would be back for the road game against Nebraska on the 29th. Now I am thinking it will the home game against Indiana on the 5th. Worst case scenario they are 4-2 without him.

Beating Wisky tomorrow is super important. Just watched the "bottom feeders" in Nebraska and PSU against ranked conference opponents, Iowa will get clipped by one of those teams, if not both. Can't assume the Hawks will cruise until KM comes back.