KM gets the fourth pick

Ivey is an overall better athlete. But you could argue Keegan is really close to being as good of an athlete for his relative size. One example is Keegan's ability to jump, land, and jump again.

You really think there is such a big difference between the two that one is a role player and the other is a super star?
Ivey has star potential, but also the ability to be out of the league or forgotten in 3 years. Keegan has such a high floor, it's all dependent on what you are looking for. Yes, the league is made of stars, but all good/great teams have stars along with good all around players to make the team great.

Ivey is an overall better athlete. But you could argue Keegan is really close to being as good of an athlete for his relative size. One example is Keegan's ability to jump, land, and jump again.

You really think there is such a big difference between the two that one is a role player and the other is a super star?

Yes. Based on what would be asked of Ivey and what will be asked of Keegan.

I was listening to a pod yesterday of 4 or 5 guys recapping the NBA draft and when it came to Sacramento they were having the same back and forth that we are having and one of the guys asked the following question: "Are we sure Keegan Murray can't be a star?" That question did make me reassess some things.

You could end up being right and 3 or 4 years from now you can bump this this thread, clown me and talk shit.:)

Some of you must not have watched Ivey play much last year. He flashed brilliance occasionally, but also disappeared for long stretches or made dumbass plays. Murray is a much better choice.

I saw him play next to Edey who was plodding along and clogging up the lane that's what I saw. Keegan was the safe choice and it is okay to say that.

Last edited:
There is only one Ja Morant

No pretenders around

Did you not watch him with the ball in transition, in open space? Forget about them having the same body type and the same hairstyle...I think Ivey's game projects in a pretty similar fashion.

This back and forth on Keegan vs Ivey makes me laugh. Jjst cause the talking heads think Ivey is the second coming means absolutely zilch. We have no idea. This time next year we will have a much better idea though. What we can say now is that Keegan will now be a regular in the top ten Hawks of all time. We can also say thank you to those above that he has a twin brother coming back. Its been a fun ride, and it aint over yet……..

Did you not watch him with the ball in transition, in open space? Forget about them having the same body type and the same hairstyle...I think Ivey's game projects in a pretty similar fashion.

Ja Morant would not let Ivey pay to tie his shoes

:cool:

Some think Iveys jumper is better too. So even if he's not quite the explosive athlete JA is so what? I think Ivey will be a dang good NBA player with the right fit. Sharing the ball with Cade Cunningham doesn't seem like the best fit to me. He's pretty much a 6'8 pg and was their main ball handler last yr. How they going to split up how they do things with JA? Feels like a James Harden/Russell Westbrook in Houston type of deal to me but we'll see

Keegan with 26 pts and 8 rbs in summer league. Seen easily as best player on the court by a long ways.

Last edited:
Keegan with 26 pts and 8 rbs in summer league. Seen easily as best player on the court by a long ways.

No one is debating that he can play. The debate starts in terms of what is his ceiling. Is it his teammate Harrison Barnes? Is it higher or lower than that? Whatever comp you want to use, the ceiling part of this is the unknown until he plays and plays a lot.

Last edited:
Kevin Huerter
Harrison Barnes
Keegan Murray
Malik Monk

All these guys seem interchangeable to me. It is as if the Kings watched the NBA finals and decided to load up on as many wing players as you can possibly get. The projected starting lineup goes as follows:

Sabonis
Barnes
Murray
Huerter
Fox

That is an interesting lineup. Not enough to purchase NBA League Pass, but enough to checkout some highlights, some boxscores from time to time.:)

Kevin Huerter
Harrison Barnes
Keegan Murray
Malik Monk

All these guys seem interchangeable to me. It is as if the Kings watched the NBA finals and decided to load up on as many wing players as you can possibly get. The projected starting lineup goes as follows:

Sabonis
Barnes
Murray
Huerter
Fox

That is an interesting lineup. Not enough to purchase NBA League Pass, but enough to checkout some highlights, some boxscores from time to time.:)
I don't see a 2 guard in that isn't Hueter like 6'7ish? I would think Monk would be in there instead of Huerter. They might be looking to move Barnes. He's expensive and a redundant talent to have with Murray now. It'd be fun to watch Murray and Barnes go at it in practice. Would love to see Murray hand it to him over and over

I don't see a 2 guard in that isn't Hueter like 6'7ish? I would think Monk would be in there instead of Huerter. They might be looking to move Barnes. He's expensive and a redundant talent to have with Murray now. It'd be fun to watch Murray and Barnes go at it in practice. Would love to see Murray hand it to him over and over

Hueter is 6'7 and Monk is listed at 6'3. You are probably correct that they brought Monk in to take Divincenzo minutes at the 2...it just seems odd that they would bring in Hueter to come off the bench.

Hueter is 6'7 and Monk is listed at 6'3. You are probably correct that they brought Monk in to take Divincenzo minutes at the 2...it just seems odd that they would bring in Hueter to come off the bench.
Yeah I think bringing in Hueter is a sign that Barnes days are numbered. Even though he came off the bench for ATL at the end of the year I'm not sure the Kings would be wanting to do that with him either. My guess is they'll see how camp goes with them all see how they all fit. But with the amount of $ Barnes is getting paid to not be a star I'd think he'd be tough to keep