KM gets the fourth pick

Jaden Ivey or Keegan, who would you rather have? I lean toward Ivey, but I get the Kings thought process.

I think the Kings took the best player on the board, not to mention Keegan has an opportunity to really shine for this team. I would have liked to see him with Garza, but #4 is a hell of a feather for a guy that some on this board criticized being recruited in the first place. Nice going young man!

I think the Kings took the best player on the board, not to mention Keegan has an opportunity to really shine for this team. I would have liked to see him with Garza, but #4 is a hell of a feather for a guy that some on this board criticized being recruited in the first place. Nice going young man!

They took the safe route with Keegan. He is a cheaper version of Harrison Barnes. All that being said, Keegan will play 12-15 years in the league and make a shitload of money, so it is all good.

I know people are excited but he couldn't have went to a worse franchise. His odds of having a good career took a big hit with that pick.

What makes you think Ivey is better than Keegan?
He is a better athlete. That doesn’t always translate into a better basketball player but in this case I think it does.

Keegan will play a long time and be a nice role player. Ivey has the potential to be a star. Role players have an importance but it is a star driven league and you need dudes, multiple dudes to win in the NBA.

Jaden Ivey or Keegan, who would you rather have? I lean toward Ivey, but I get the Kings thought process.

I‘ve heard Ivey did not want the Kings drafting him, even went as far as to refuse releasing his medical to them.

He is a better athlete. That doesn’t always translate into a better basketball player but in this case I think it does.

Keegan will play a long time and be a nice role player. Ivey has the potential to be a star. Role players have an importance but it is a star driven league and you need dudes, multiple dudes to win in the NBA.
Ivey is an overall better athlete. But you could argue Keegan is really close to being as good of an athlete for his relative size. One example is Keegan's ability to jump, land, and jump again.

You really think there is such a big difference between the two that one is a role player and the other is a super star?

I still can't get over the resemblance between Paolo Banchero and Cordell Pemsl...

Can't wait to see the timeout at Magic games where the scoreboard shows the Banchero Burrito Lift.

Well beggars can't be choosers I suppose. The two worst places to go to me would have been Sacramento or Washington DC. We won't get to see him on TV much and unless they do something drastic (maybe Murray is it) they'll probably stink and not be relevant. I'm happy for him but man he's got an uphill early part to his career ahead of him. I'm rooting like crazy for the guy no matter how we cut it this is a great thing for Iowa basketball.

Sacramento has a new coach next season, the Golden State Warriors assistant coach

This is a good thing, he learned a lot from Steve Kerr, sitting next to him on the
bench for years

If they can develop a concept of defense and team play, they should be better sooner
rather than later

There is always the possibility that another team will make an offer that will be impossible
to refuse, and Keegan will go elsewhere

Luke Walton was a sadass risk as a head coach in the NBA, even as an assistant

:cool: