Kittle in Beast mode, again....

Happy for Kittle!
Can't make me help but wonder though...

How did IN THE WORLD he not get more playing time when he was in Iowa City??
He was sharing time with three other NFL caliber tight ends.

CJ Fiedoriwicz, who actually was the vanguard of the modern Iowa tight end pipeline along with Tony Moeaki. CJ had concussion issues just as he got paid and had to walk away from a lot of money just as he was approaching stardom with a good team

Jake Duzey, who had his career destroyed by injuries without really getting an NFL shot

Henry Kreiger-Coble, who has been on the fringes of the NFL for about four years, most notably with the Rams.

George was competing with tough competition and I believe battled injuries himself in his senior season.

Kittle is the best tight end in the game today, bar none.

He is a complete tight end. He blocks better than most lineman, catches better than most receivers, and has the burst to turn any catch into a big play. He also has a marketable personality to boot.
For the Niners it's like playing with twelve men out there on every down!

He is a complete tight end. He blocks better than most lineman, catches better than most receivers, and has the burst to turn any catch into a big play. He also has a marketable personality to boot.

Kelci and some other TEs get a lot of catches and yards but as you said Kittle will just break tackles, carry tacklers, juke and go the distance often.

Did George get to his big contract yet? I hope soon for him.

Kelci and some other TEs get a lot of catches and yards but as you said Kittle will just break tackles, carry tacklers, juke and go the distance often.

Kittle has the potential to be the JJ Watt of San Fran!

Watt could someday be Governor of TX in a landslide if he gave it even a 2nd thought. The man is beloved by the people!

Tony Gonzalez, who I consider go be the best TE ever, said basically the same thing. Pretty good endorsement!

Happy for Kittle!
Can't make me help but wonder though...

How did IN THE WORLD he not get more playing time when he was in Iowa City??

Iowa was turning him into the player he is now. Dude wasn’t ready until he was a junior but that great blocking and all the fundamentals are from Iowa developing him.

This is year 3 for him so there's a possibility they offer an extention to him after the season. I'm not sure if team has control of him for 4 or 5 yrs. I think since he was a 5th rounder it's 4. If 9ers are smart they'd lock him up ASAP. They have some tough decisions to make. Since they broke the bank for QB trying to keep that DL in tact and pay Kittle along with some others... Something has to give