Kiss CJB Goodbye!

ForeverHawk

He will transfer. Throws an INT when receivers can't create space and he gets yanked? This two QB experiment is embarrassing.

I have to give Ferentz credit for this game only regarding the QB situation. He gave CJ every opportunity to make a statement as the starting QB. But he's simply too much of a gunslinger for Ferentz.

Ferentz won't adjust to individual player's talents and CJ won't adjust his game to fit Ferentz's conservative style. Is just a bad match overall.

At this point im not confident iowa can be successful with either qb at the helm. Cj seems to have the tools but hes very reckless.

I think this sample shows it really does not matter. I think CJ has more upside (if he had more experience)....but this program is such a mess it does not matter who the QB is. Eventually, the playcalling/lack of talent in the o line/skill positions will poison whoever is under center. Best of luck to CJ wherever he lands.

42 to ******* 7 and hes to reckless??? Oh yea i forgot. Throw it away and take 3 points. *******
stupid

You also have to remember that CJB got one start this year and saw meaningful playing time in maybe one or two other games. Give the guy a break. If he had 24 starts under his belt, i'm pretty sure we'd be seeing some different results. JR has started for 2 years and he still looks like he should be QBing for Bowling Green.

42 to ******* 7 and hes to reckless??? Oh yea i forgot. Throw it away and take 3 points. *******
stupid

Wasnt even referring to that play but nice assumption. I was referring to the first pick (wiped out by a hold away from the play) and the deep ball to vandeburg into double coverage. It wasnt 42 to 7 for either of those.

Drew Tate was a gunslinger and that worked out for all involved?

Tate had 4 advantages that CJ doesn't:

1. Ferentz didn't have a choice, no scholarship RBs were left in 2004, running was not an option
2. 2 legit WRs and a TE
3. A great D to cover up his mistakes
4. Tate is actually a good QB who made more good plays than bad

CJ was nowhere near good enough to save us today. He could have saved us against the rest of our schedule though.

This team has more problems than just QB (and QB is a big problem). CJ makes plays, but he will also make mistakes.

Jake makes very few plays, and also makes mistakes (his turnovers cost us against NE)

But we don't have talent on this team. Canzeri has played well, but we can't run inside the redzone. Smith has some playmaking ability but we don't throw him the ball. Instead we are predictable (screen to powell), or 3 yard outs to our TEs

CJ has also had two drops, one being critical in that it would have extended a drive. We lose this game regardless, but it'd be nice to have our more upside players play

Lol CJ throws one pick and some people goes nuts. He's an inexperienced qb. Thats all part of the process. If you dont understand that then you dont understand football. If you watch the two and can honestly say that JR is better than you need to find a new hobby. JR has 23 freaking starts to CJs 1. Complain to me when CJ has 23 starts and isnt down by 35 and throws that pick in the end zone.

I got it now. One guy is suppose to play mr. conservative way and thumbs up. Other guy isnt allowed to make a mistake. This program sucks sooo bad. Embarrassing. Guy cant throw a 25 yard out but start his ***. Run the program into the ground even more. Literally.

And our punter??? Wtf

A smart coach would be using this time to develop his less experienced but more talented QB. Riddick is a dead end.

Kurt quite ire simply is a stubborn @$$. A fool.

Latest posts