Kirk swallows his pride and old ways…

Ok, so do you think Petras will find the QB whisperer and become an above average QB next year?

Take a look at the list of quarterbacks still left in the portal and the ones Iowa could realistically get...you tell me which one is worthy of blowing up your quarterback room for.

Tired of the “is what it is” or the “don’t bring competition into the QB room because someone might get their feelings hurt” To freakin bad. Don’t like someone coming to take your spot,play better. They Keep babying these QBs like some fans want and they will have 0 killer instinct. The way Petras played this season, no way any college or hell, even high school that would continue to play him. Damn near last in every offensive catagory, 10 TDs and 9 ints this season. And he will be the starting QB next season. Yet bringing in QB competition and it’s the stupidest idea ever. GTFOH!
Nothing like telling it like it is.

KF is probably thinking, whats the problem?

Since 2015 Iowa has finished 12-2, 8-5, 8-5, 9-4, 10-3, 6-2, and 10-4. 63-25 overall. 2 division titles, 3 bowl victories and 1 Rose Bowl appearance.

I mean, what more do you want?
An average offense

An average offense
So, Iowa scored enough points in those 88 games to win 63 times. 72% wins. Yeah our offense has been sub par and credit to the D. But the fact remains that Iowa scored enough points, one way or another, to win 72 % of the time.
All about the W’s, right? Improve the O and 72% becomes an even better %. Good.

We get treated more fairly in the polls than teams better than us. The pollsters keep hoping that the squeaky-clean-ish Hawkeyes will finally be a credible success story rising sustainably to the top ten, versus an embarrassing false premise yet again. If the media wasn’t so vested in the ‘dean of coaches’ façade, they’d analyze KF’s too timid, unidimensional nature that’s kept him from leveraging recent teams with aspirational leadership, bold game management, and prudent QB selections.

Petras and Stanley both have the chronic, ‘fatal flaw’ of missing open targets that even an average QB would not miss so consistently. They’ve both been so deceptive by shining in good game management and strength under pressure. But both always brain-farted to open targets – it’s bizarre. Padilla has shown some new-guy fatigue under pressure, but hasn’t shown Petras’ fatal flaw. KF must treat Padilla as the new no. 1 while letting others also compete for the spot.

KF is probably thinking, whats the problem?

Since 2015 Iowa has finished 12-2, 8-5, 8-5, 9-4, 10-3, 6-2, and 10-4. 63-25 overall. 2 division titles, 3 bowl victories and 1 Rose Bowl appearance.

I mean, what more do you want?
That's exactly what his angle on it is.

What are the chances Kirk checks his ego at the door and pick up a solid QB in the transfer porthole? I really think a good/great QB can take Iowa to the promise land..
None... Only way they would is if Qb room got smaller. If Padilla leaves and he still might (Petras isn't leaving) then I could see them adding a body to the room. Otherwise if nothing changes I don't see any way he'd bring in another qb

KF can do whatever he wants. Have you not figured that out over the last 4 seasons? KF may as well be Teflon, nothing sticks to him. KF has the people that matter in his cult. Shit he let a major donors nephew punt or 2 seasons, which is anti-kf. Remember special teams are as important as defense.

KF does whatever he wants, no questions asked.

It‘s too bad that Kirk doesn’t have the whereabouts to change his offensive philosophy. It holds him back from being one of the best coaches in college football. He is a good coach but he could be a great coach.

Brian???? I bet he still keeps his knee pads handy.

It’s sad how weak some of us view these players. First they can’t be criticized because they’re “kids” and now a transfer will ruin their psyche and blow up the entire position group.

How fragile do you think these legal adults are?

It’s sad how weak some of us view these players. First they can’t be criticized because they’re “kids” and now a transfer will ruin their psyche and blow up the entire position group.

How fragile do you think these legal adults are?
Don’t kid yourself Iowa probably has its share of ego maniacs.

Latest posts