Kirk suspended 1 game for recruiting violations

The story of how this came to be should be interesting. I don't give 2 shits about the early communication with Cade literally all of college football is doing that with every major transfer that's going on. I'm just wondering how the investigation came to be. Did Michigan rat us out? Did NCAA just investigate on their own or what?

Tampering goes on non stop pretty much now. So the thing that's BS about it to me is cherry picking us out of a hat to pin it on. As if Ewers going to Texas how he did was on the up and up. Or Gabriel to Oregon or OSUs Howard I could go on and on... They'd just have to look so why'd they look at us and not everyone else?

that's interesting. If Iowa was returning the same OC and WR coach as last year, this would not be that big of deal. But the first game of the season is key for establishing Lester's new offense and also the communication between the head coach, OC AND WR coach during a game.

Tim Lester I think was going to be the OC coaching from the box, which means Budmayr was going to be his eyes and communicator on the sidelines. Now what? Lester is going to have his hands full.

So that probably means either one of the defensive coaches Phil Parker or Seth Wallace will need to be the acting head coach, or maybe special teams coach Levar Woods.

So the two coaches get a day off. But, what's funny is how Kansas and Az in basketball get to keep rolling!

Carry on.

I should know this but who gets credit for the win or loss when a head coach is suspended?

Would Kirk Ferentz be credited with win (or loss) in his overall headcoaching record? Or does the acting head coach get the credit?

Thank goodness the NCAA is ensuring that recruiting and transferring are highly ethical.

*checks notes: Never mind, some schools, er, collectives, are gifting Ford F150s to the entire offensive line.

The NCAA has jumped the shark, and is completely ineffective.

I should know this but who gets credit for the win or loss when a head coach is suspended?

Would Kirk Ferentz be credited with win (or loss) in his overall headcoaching record? Or does the acting head coach get the credit?
KF will not get credit for the win. He is suspended and will not be Iowa's coach for this game. Let's hope his HOF credentials don't come down to one game short to hit the win percentage!

It seems no one knows what exactly KF did wrong here. I kinda doubt he is going to spill the beans at his presser. Won't he just say there was a violation, it was self-reported, and he accepts the school's punishment for the issue? No way this is the NCAA's suspension. Too quick. They are still sorting out what to do with Reggie Bush.

Anyone want to speculate what he did? Caught tampering before he officially entered the portal?

What they should do is have every player we got in the transfer portal take their turn at the PC today and tell which schools also contacted them early.

So maybe just maybe they won't go into 'kill the clock" once their up 2 scores with 18 minutes to go in the game.

Why isn't Cade McNamara suspended too?
For being illegally recruited while still signed with another school? Those rules apply to coaches, not players. Now, if KF bribed him with a new moped to come to Iowa, then they both have a problem.

Latest posts