Kirk on the Side from 4/24

Not that I don't agree to a certain extent but as already pointed out in this thread some of the programs with the most history in CFB have already worn them.

I am not a fan of switching uni's all the time like Oregon does but I don't see one game a year as a bad thing.

By the way I am calling right now that we wear something other than our normal uni's for the Nebby game this year.

I am talking more specifically to the Nike Combat crap. If we do anything I'd prefer to make minor tweaks like the NFL teams did.

I have no problem with a yearly throwback game...although, I think it's kind of overplayed at this point.

IMO, at the end of the day it's all about performance....if you don't perform then the team looks stupid wearing the combat uni. kinda like a fighter running his mouth before the fight and then getting dominated.

I wish Iowa was good enough to not have to sink to that kind of crap like Nike combat, youll never see the likes of Alabama, Michigan, Notre Dame or even Nebraska do it, but unfortunately we are not above it.

I think Kirk probably realizes it may be a necessary evil too.

The wolverines, miami,fsu, and last year the irish wore unis that were similiar to nike combat just made by adidas. What a bunch of broke*** programs.

The only schools that need to mess with uniforms are those that don't have a relevant identity. It would be dumb for Iowa to go down that road.

The uniforms in themselves generate exposure for the program. It's like a free advertisement for the school. Most of the big times schools have an alternate Uniform, one game without the tigerhawk isn't going to cause anyone to forget who we are.

I can't believe that Kurt has to waste his time answering questions about what the uniforms are going to look like. Jeeee-sus.

The uniforms in themselves generate exposure for the program. It's like a free advertisement for the school. Most of the big times schools have an alternate Uniform, one game without the tigerhawk isn't going to cause anyone to forget who we are.
Man, the tigerhawk is the only thing you CAN'T mess with.

Who saids the Tigerhawk would be left off of a pro combat uni? From what Ive seen the helmet would be basically the same other than it would be flat black, but those are just mockups.

Latest posts