Kirk on St Louis ESPN station

Nothing earth shattering from Kirk. D'Marco Farr(former Ram) was one of the hosts and said he thought we were the best team in the nation based on results. Another of the hosts does high school games and was highly complimentary about the kids we have recruit from STL. Said both Adrian and Marvin were class kids. Good pub in an area we seem to be recruiting heavily.

69MUNCILO pretty much nailed it. Very vague...Kirk doesn't get involved in the BCS talk. Good leadership (seniors) on the team keeps up even-keel and focused on the tasks at hand. Said that McNutt did in fact have a hand in calling the final play vs. MSU. Said that any team who has a conference affiliation wants to win their conference championship first, then let the chips fall where they may beyond that.

The non-D'Marco Farr host said that he'd like to see the 2 Black and Golds get together, that we should set something up with Mizzou. Ferentz said that we tried that...and then took the high road and said simply that it didn't work out. After Ferentz was done, the two hosts were going back and forth about how Mizzou backed out and didn't want to schedule an automatic L! D'Marco did say that he'd take that matchup last year, but if he was Mizzou he wouldn't want any part of the Hawks this year.

You can bet that Ferentz is on the Rams short list (along with everyone elses short list) if Spags can't turn that stinkbomb around.

I think there are some media members that are starting to turn the page and are looking at the Hawkeyes as a very dangerous team. I mean we know how to win close games, we know how to play defense, our offense has stopped turning the ball over often so what is not to like about this team>??? Iowa matches up very well with every other team in the top 5 and can hang with them all. This Iowa team is special and I think you will start to hear of more people jumping on our bandwagon for the national media real soon!!

I think there are some media members that are starting to turn the page and are looking at the Hawkeyes as a very dangerous team. I mean we know how to win close games, we know how to play defense, our offense has stopped turning the ball over often so what is not to like about this team>??? Iowa matches up very well with every other team in the top 5 and can hang with them all. This Iowa team is special and I think you will start to hear of more people jumping on our bandwagon for the national media real soon!!

I watched the game again tonight. It seemed like the announcers were very imperessed with our defense. It seemed they couldn't say enough about them when MSU had a 1st and goal on the Iowa 1 yard line and ended up having to go for a field goal.

Latest posts