Kirk leans on defense again

I understand every one’s disappointment. I am sure we thought our defense would hold them. Even that was a let down. It was like a house build with cards. Once part of it fell it wasn’t long before the whole thing was going to collapse. So disappointing. I don’t know how this happens. It’s like the program is snake bitten. We are better than Iowa State. We have better facilities. We are in a stronger conference. We have more capital to work with. We had momentum in the first half.

It was like we swapped uniforms at half time. That last offensive series was so predictable. It was so Iowa like.

The defense was a head scratcher on that last series. Just not like Iowa’s defense.

One thing I don't understand is why we went away from the RPO. We had nice catches on the slant off of it. We ran one late and it got batted down. I'm sure we ran it more than I realize, but there's definitely different looks that can be run off of it. I would've liked to have been there in person to see what we did off of it. The way their safety was biting up on it, I don't know if we ran any (or how many) sluggos, slant corners, whip, etc.

One thing I don't understand is why we went away from the RPO. We had nice catches on the slant off of it. We ran one late and it got batted down. I'm sure we ran it more than I realize, but there's definitely different looks that can be run off of it. I would've liked to have been there in person to see what we did off of it. The way their safety was biting up on it, I don't know if we ran any (or how many) sluggos, slant corners, whip, etc.
Kirk probably doesn't like it

Isu punted the ball back with, what, 2 something on the clock?
How many other P5 teams would an opponent feel confident doing that against? Everyone knew it would be 3 runs and a punt

Latest posts