Kirk just said

I was looking for a place to post this...

But are we lucky to have a person like KF to coach the Hawkeyes or what? Did anyone else notice his post game interview on the field? At one point he was asked "How do you win a game like this?" and for a split second, he pauses and shows his emotion, then nearly chokes up when talking about how the players were resilient and didn't give up. As a teacher, a band teacher that is where my philosophy is to mold high schoolers into better human beings, that means a lot to me.

Coach Ferentz, thank you, I hope you retire as coach of the Hawkeyes.

p.s. on a side note, at one point early in the game or was it during pregame discussions somewhere(?) it was mentioned about certain coaches who were all about their "name" and that KF was one of the guys who coaches for his team.

Offensively, yes they can. the physical toll of this game was amazing, however. ARob was a beast...he is going to be feeling it

But are we lucky to have a person like KF to coach the Hawkeyes or what? Did anyone else notice his post game interview on the field? At one point he was asked "How do you win a game like this?" and for a split second, he pauses and shows his emotion, then nearly chokes up when talking about how the players were resilient and didn't give up. As a teacher, a band teacher that is where my philosophy is to mold high schoolers into better human beings, that means a lot to me.

p.s. on a side note, at one point early in the game or was it during pregame discussions somewhere(?) it was mentioned about certain coaches who were all about their "name" and that KF was one of the guys who coaches for his team.

Well said

Bingo. Nicely said. Kirk is a coach who isn't afraid to show his feelings for his players. I heard Ricky Stanzi mentioning how they play hard for Coach. I think the feeling is mutual.

Don't coax him into retirement just yet!!! : - )

When this offense finally starts to click - watch out! We could see some repeats - yes plural - of the Minny game last year. Hope one of those comes at the Horseshoe in a few weeks.
They posted a stat about teams going into PSU, Wisc. & Mich St and winning in one year - throw OSU in that list - how many have done that?

It's there, the injury to Dace really hurts the O line to gel, November football is always fun to watch with KF at the helm, and it's still October

When this offense finally starts to click - watch out! We could see some repeats - yes plural - of the Minny game last year. Hope one of those comes at the Horseshoe in a few weeks.
They posted a stat about teams going into PSU, Wisc. & Mich St and winning in one year - throw OSU in that list - how many have done that?

NONE.