Kirk is a fat cat...

That's what we've seen. I am deleting the 2009 anomaly.
1)Zero inspiration---every week we are ALWAYS the least emotion, least inspired team in FBS. Apathy from the head coaches, assistants, players, etc. The ONLY people that seem to care are the fans (and we are rabid)
2)Zero GAMEPLANNING---every down of every game of every year it's EXACTLY the same. VANILLA, VANILLA. We are the EASIEST team outside of peewee football to prepare for. Our defensive schemes are so easy and weak, designed to never make a stop. Sit back in soft zones and let other teams pick us apart. Meanwhile other teams are throwing the kitchen sink at us every play of every week and our QBs and offense never get comfortable. We act like we are so talented we can just do the same thing every game and expect to win. Teams loaded with talent (Floridas, USCs, Texas', etc) can't even do that.
3)Zero adjustments---football is a game of chess, with adjustments and trying to keep the other off balance every play of every game. We are so arrogant we think that isn't necessary.
4)Horrific end of halves/game management(from clock, timeouts, and game planning)--We NEVER make a stop at the end of any half, and we NEVER score at the end of any half (just take a knee and leave). KFs end-of-halves management blunders are legendary
5)Close games--we ALWAYS get outcoached at end of, and lose every close game. Lost 9 Straight games decided by 3 pts or less from 2005-2008, and that trend continues on.

I'm ok with the above, as long as our head coach is the lowest payed coach outside of peewee football. BUT HE IS ONE OF THE HIGHEST PAYED COACHES IN FBS!!!

we need to pay in gum, notepads, and pens. there is just no incentive to win anymore, money won't do.

They are definitely not ready for the Big Ten. At this rate they will see a lot of defeats. No fun.

Caar always thinks that because there was a cycle at one time is will automatically return to that cycle. It's stupid reasoning.

Even if it were the case, we shouldn't be regressing in this point of the cycle. We shouldn't be committing penalties, and turning the ball over, and lining up in wrong formations, and running away from onside kicks like a bunch of pansies. At this point, we should be winning the games we are suppose to and losing to teams on the road.

This is a whole new cycle. And it's an ugly one.

I agree this isn't a cycle. What we have is a coaching staff who is currently very good at player development, below average recruiting, poor player retention and probably the worst game strategy in all of college football.

Can you even fathom how hard it is to have a running back dominate a game like today and Minnesota last year and lose.

1. How we can not have a better audible system
2. No misdirection...we have a power running game and some play action, nothing else
3. No effort to disguise a blitz...when are linebackers are blitzing they are lining up in the A gap 10 seconds before the snap and we are coming and that is it.

But we love him. We coddle him. We protect him.

fat-cat.jpg

I think you needed another cat not as fat. One for ferentz and another for his son. By the time his contract runs out his son will be pretty fat too.

This deal easily goes down as the worst in Iowa athletics history. Barta should go along with Ferentz.

The worst financially anyway......potentially. I'm willing to let things play out for this year but the Barta name does need to be included in this barrage of blame that is growing. Barta is responsible for the contract end of things........and has followed Iowa's overall athletic standings downward in the Director's Cup.

Latest posts