Kirk Ferentz Transcript for 10-8

This just in. KF has a dry, albeit very dry, sarcastic sense of humor. Maybe no one even attempts another fake now, given...you know...its nationally known we won't return punts going forward.

I am on record for the ridiculousness of how many, and how poorly timed, fake we've given up. But if you take his comments at face value...not sure what to tell ya.

Time will tell.

Perhaps he was being facetious when he said he wasn't being facetious. Like a chess master so far advanced from the field, he is toying with his opponents to the point that they are so baffled and bewildered they are questioning their every move. You think Hayden Fry was a master psychologist? Guess again. He got all his best ideas from a certain assistant coach.

oh come on. You, and I don't really mean just you ooth (nor "You" for that matter), I mean anyone reading his presser, knows dang fully well kf is just "trolling" you/us. Is everyone so literal these days they need emoticons for pressers now too? Good grief, he's the head coach, he may get out coached occassionaly on gameday, but he's not a complete dolt.

I think it's very funny that he would say that, heck, he too realizes that he could just interject last weeks presser for this weeks, etc, and would just as soon skip them out of HIS schedule.

They're kinda like the now obligatory "running off the field halftime interview with the sideline color ditz". Do you really think many coaches across the country are much more interesting or engaging (ala Fry) for these pressers or that intetview? It's all just contractual coachspeak for an over saturated host of media people trying to get a "soundbite".

Lighten up Francis(es)!

One of the funnier posts I have ever read..
He may get out coached "occasionally" on game day? A pee wee football coach would not get burned by a fake punt, six times in a three year period, nor would he make up silly excuses about why it happened. He (Ferentz is paid to as if he is one of the best coaches in college football. He is coaching like he is one of the worst. I am sorry. I have tried to stand by this coach but just can't do it anymore. Iowa needs fresh blood.

Perhaps he was being facetious when he said he wasn't being facetious. Like a chess master so far advanced from the field, he is toying with his opponents to the point that they are so baffled and bewildered they are questioning their every move. You think Hayden Fry was a master psychologist? Guess again. He got all his best ideas from a certain assistant coach.
You are correct. The one at Kansas State.. When he left,this program declined.. Wish like hell Hayden would have left for USC and handed the reigns to Snyder.

Bielema is going to be the next coach at Iowa. He left Wisconsin so that he could go to Arkansas for a couple of seasons to bide time. He knew that he wouldn't be as successful at Arkansas and that Kirk would be gone in a couple of years, and thought it would be an easier transition than leaving Wisconsin for Iowa.

Fans have short memories. When Hayden got a question he did not like, he not only refused to acknowledge the question, but he would shut out whatever media company that the errant questioner worked for... the feud between Hayden and the DMR was ugly. Hayden was much harder on the media than KF.

I am not sure why, but this is the part of the pressor that bothers me most:

COACH FERENTZ: "...And with a little bit of luck maybe some of them can get a home cooked meal over the weekend, since they don't get that opportunity on Thanksgiving any more."

I interpret this as a slam against playing Nebby on Black Friday and, to me, this is an indictment on the where the program's focus is. This game against Nebby on Black Friday should be of utmost importance, particularly now, to Sell the Iowa Brand.

COACH FERENTZ: "...And with a little bit of luck maybe some of them can get a home cooked meal over the weekend, since they don't get that opportunity on Thanksgiving any more."

I interpret this as a slam against playing Nebby on Black Friday and, to me, this is an indictment on the where the program's focus is. This game against Nebby on Black Friday should be of utmost importance, particularly now, to Sell the Iowa Brand.

I do agree that KF better figure out how to embrace that game soon or he will have the whole weekend off. These kids probably can eat a second thanksgiving dinner on Saturday nite at home with the season over....ya think?

I actually think it gives a glimpse into the kind of guy, with the kind of priorities, and the kind of perspective, he has.

Latest posts