Kirk Ferentz Media Day Transcript

Collin Sleeper is going to serve a multi‑game suspension entering into the season, and this is just for violations of things in the past. Those are two announcements I will make.

Interesting

Excellent news. Love to hear that Norm is around.

COACH FERENTZ: I just saw Norm Parker in the locker room and he made the comment ‑‑ he’s been out there a couple times, not every practice, but he was impressed with the ball not being on the ground and guys being in line with the cadence, knowing what to do for the most part.

That question about lowering expectations near the end was from toolbag Marty Tirrell. Kirk seemed a little agrivated by the question.

I know this is old news, but it still amazes me how much Kirk can talk at these things without actually saying anything. I know that is his style, don't give a hint of a shred of anything away to the competition, but it does make for a boring presser, at least for me. I rarely bother reading the transcripts anymore because its the same "make as little news as possible" boilerplate every time.

I certainly don't blame Kirk at all. Its a smart strategy, its just... boring.

I know this is old news, but it still amazes me how much Kirk can talk at these things without actually saying anything. I know that is his style, don't give a hint of a shred of anything away to the competition, but it does make for a boring presser, at least for me. I rarely bother reading the transcripts anymore because its the same "make as little news as possible" boilerplate every time.

I certainly don't blame Kirk at all. Its a smart strategy, its just... boring.

Yep, KF ain't no Head Ball Coach for the Jets or the Gamecocks. I, too, appreciate what he is doing, and I wish he were more revealing, but I entertain myself by sifting for hidden nuggets.

This presser's possible nuggets (or fool's gold): Keep an eye on Jordan Walsh this Saturday, as well as Connor Kornbrath and Brad Rogers. Still waaay more verbal love for KMM, and still nearly crickets chirping for Keenan. Kind of liked Shumpert, whom I thought looked lousy with the drops at Spring scrimmage.

So was he saying that Gimm is the only guy not going to get a carry?

If you recall Sleeper was sent home from the Insight Bowl so that would make sense. Although I dont recall if it ever came out why he was sent home.

Latest posts