Kirk Ferentz and Wife Give $500,000 to Football Program

WinOneThisCentury

Does this require all the KF haters to now say, he isn't worth the 3.5 Million he makes. Pretty classy move by a coach who resides over the 10th or so most valuable football program in America. Say what you will about his clock management skills, he seems to me to be a pretty solid steward of the program.

Does this require all the KF haters to now say, he isn't worth the 3.5 Million he makes. Pretty classy move by a coach who resides over the 10th or so most valuable football program in America. Say what you will about his clock management skills, he seems to me to be a pretty solid steward of the program.

^^ Agree. The only two things I have really complained about KF is [some in game management and sometimes conservative calls] and [maybe settling for or not going after some higher star recruits].

He wants his players to graduate and succeed for life, he cares, he donates a lot of money, he fights for his players, he is a solid citizen, etc.

By my math his $500k donation for his salary is equivalent to my goodwill donations for my yearly "salary" per year for a tax write off purposes. With that being said if he claims married and 2 like I do he should get about 50k back from uncle Sam... Donation isn't as impressive now is it?! Jk I respect him and his generosity.

Last edited:
By my math his $500k donation for his salary is equivalent to my goodwill donations for my yearly "salary" per year for a tax write off purposes. With that being said if he claims married and 2 like I do he should get about 50k back from uncle Sam... Donation isn't as impressive now is it?! Jk I respect him and his generosity.

He's not getting $50K back. Unless he grossly overestimated his payment to gvt.

Do I remember correctly that he also gave another $500k to the new hospital or was it $500k a couple years ago to the new practice facility? I might be wrong on this....cause I'm a kf apologist...and I've been told I love mediocrity.

Pretty good coach....by every measure ive ever heard....a fricken Great man.

Do I remember correctly that he also gave another $500k to the new hospital or was it $500k a couple years ago to the new practice facility? I might be wrong on this....cause I'm a kf apologist...and I've been told I love mediocrity.

A little strong, don't ya think?

A little strong, don't ya think?

Possibly...but From what I've been told by family, friends that have met him and spoke to him(some in length)...from my own, albeit brief, interaction...from multiple quotes from players(granted they would be biased)...and from a family I know whose kid was recruited heavily....he's a pretty great guy.

But I don't know absolutely, so I'll assume from known data and reference...

Coach was able to donate more that year because son Brian was in subsidized housing for the poor.
;) I honestly can't figure some of Kirk's thinking at times.

Heart surgeons at UoI H&C make good money. They generate revenue. KF makes good money. He generated revenue as well.

Latest posts