Kiper on Kirksey: He'll start early

99topdawg

It would be nice to see him get early PT.

Christian Kirksey, LB, Cleveland Browns
Craig Robertson was a sore spot in the Browns' LB corps last year, and Kirksey can step in soon as one of the interior linebackers. He was taken in Round 3, when the entire northern Ohio region had to assume the Browns would be drafting a wide receiver. Assume he'll start early.

I think he's a bit under sized for the NFL that's what'sgot me to thinking he might end up playing a little strong safety unless he puts on some pounds

I think he's a bit under sized for the NFL that's what'sgot me to thinking he might end up playing a little strong safety unless he puts on some pounds

He's very quick for a linebacker, but safety? I don't think he has the ability to play the deep drops in coverage. He might play a hybrid type player for them and not see every down, but that's ok.

The Browns talked about how they loved his quickness - he had great 40, cone drill, and shuttle times. They said putting weight on a player in the NFL isn’t an issue and they trust their strength and conditioning to get it done.

Latest posts