Kinnick Turf & The All-Seeing Tiger Hawk

Looks like some new action going on...

readImage.asp

If you're interested....

Looks like they should be complete/finished in about 27 days from now.

http://www.fieldturf.com/en/artificial-turf/construction-and-installation

TURF INSTALLATION
Next up is the turf installation. In less than 30 days you’ll go from an empty base to a lush playing field. Here’s how we do it.

• Off-load Turf Rolls and Place Turf (3 Days)
  • Sew Turf Panels (8 Days)
  • Install Field Markings and Decorative Markings (8 Days)
  • Install Infill (5 Days)
  • Remove Construction Entrance/Clean Up/Demobilize/Test Field (3 Days)

Do they recycle the old turf when they tear them up? It would be a shame for them to just go to the landfills.

Lots of HS and small college baseball and softball programs could use it to line their batting cages etc.

Is the TV camera at a higher angle? Looks like maybe the webcam is lower than the tv cameras would be.

Here we go.... Not crazy about the black tiger hawk.. Should have gone with all gold

readImage.asp
I agree that the gold would stand out better....but it's one of those things that if they did gold, 50% of the people would wish it was black with a gold outline. I'm just glad we finally got something at midfield....only took 37 years....

The more I think about it, when the cameras zoom into midfield, that tigerhawk is going to look rather huge. That's why Wisconsin's W looks so big on tv, but take a look at it in reality and the tigerhawk is actually bigger. It extends beyond the 45s.

2611.jpg

readImage.asp

The more I think about it, when the cameras zoom into midfield, that tigerhawk is going to look rather huge. That's why Wisconsin's W looks so big on tv, but take a look at it in reality and the tigerhawk is actually bigger. It extends beyond the 45s.

2611.jpg

readImage.asp

Good point. At first, I thought you were underestimating the size of the typical mid-field logo, but there are many smaller and only a few bigger, such as UCLA (at 20 yards)

ucla-42.jpg

Good point. At first, I thought you were underestimating the size of the typical mid-field logo, but there are many smaller and only a few bigger, such as UCLA (at 20 yards)

ucla-42.jpg
Minnesota's is bigger as well.
Maryland's is longer but not necessarily bigger.

Here's some on field action...

Latest posts