Kinnick seat upgrades?

ferentz4life

I requested a seat upgrade, but haven't heard anything yet. Was wondering if anyone else has received confirmation either way?

We also requested an upgrade. The last time we called about 2 weeks ago, they did not have an update for us.

I requested seating upgrades for (2) pairs of tickets and also asked for (2) more tickets. I spoke with the ticket office and the agent let me know that I did receive the extra tickets, but the seat locations will not be finished until later this month. I expect we will learn if seat upgrade requests are filled, later in June. If anyone requested extra tickets and were allotted them they will also let us know those locations at that time.

I was told they will start the seat upgrade process this week and will try to have everyone notified within the next month.

I requested a relocation (not an upgrade) ... no word yet

Did the same. Asked for 4 options -- (2) at the same donation level and (2) at the next level up, whichever was available. If none available, just asked to retain my current seats.

Still no word but am a little concerned if there's a catch-22. While I paid for the tickets, I haven't yet paid the donation until I know what it should be. On the other hand, hope they don't disregard my requests because I haven't yet paid my donation.

Anyone know how this works? Should I just wait to hear and pay based on what they say I owe (I don't want to lose my current seats if none of my requests are available because I haven't paid) or should I pay something?

Did the same. Asked for 4 options -- (2) at the same donation level and (2) at the next level up, whichever was available. If none available, just asked to retain my current seats.

Still no word but am a little concerned if there's a catch-22. While I paid for the tickets, I haven't yet paid the donation until I know what it should be. On the other hand, hope they don't disregard my requests because I haven't yet paid my donation.

Anyone know how this works? Should I just wait to hear and pay based on what they say I owe (I don't want to lose my current seats if none of my requests are available because I haven't paid) or should I pay something?

This was my exact situation last year. Pay your license fee for your current seats now. If you get upgraded, the you can pay the additional $$ when you find out.

Contact Matt Henderson at The UI Foundation and let him know your situation. He coordinated with the ticket office to make sure nothing "fell through the cracks" for me last year.

My family gave up 6 of our 16 we had on the 50. I think row 23. So, I know those are going to be available for someone to upgrade. Good luck.

Kinnickinnick. Kinnickinnick. Kinnickinnick.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diEyfF3Pg2c]YouTube - ‪Pounding Rail Joints... BNSF style!‬‏[/ame]

Best advice is to just keep checking ever so often with the ticket office. They never bothered to contact me when I originally got my seats, nor when I upgraded my seats a different season, nor when I added more seats. The only way I found out was by calling in late in the summer.

I just received an email with our new seat location. Actually, it's the same seat location as last year. I attempted to add another seat and get closer to the field (longshot, I know). I was granted the extra seat, but denied on getting closer to the field. Anyone else get a similar email yet?

We received email and got what we wanted. kept most seats the same, only change requested was to move 2 seats from a non-donation section to a $200/seat section. said section 124 and gave a 20 row range. we have a lot of points.

I still haven't heard anything. I'm assuming most people just keep their same seats. If so, and with the high renewal rate, I wouldn't think this process would take very long. Oh well, maybe no news is good news!

For those still holding out hope, I just got the email today that my request was granted. 4 seats between our group moving to Section 124 ($200 section next to Students). And none of us previously made donations, but have had season tickets for 10+ years.

From my experience, the university is not going to reach out to you to tell your seat assignment. I just normally wait until my tickets show up in the mail in August. Your chances of the upgrade will obviously depend a lot on how extreme of an upgrade you sought (and then couple in your donation amount -- if you aren't sitting in the cheap seats).

I requested 2 additional seats, with a location next to or close to my current ones. I received confirmation last week including the seat location.

I requested 2 additional seats, with a location next to or close to my current ones. I received confirmation last week including the seat location.

I think people who requested extra seats are the ones receiving notification. For the regular season ticket holders who simply asked for seat upgrades ... I don't think the university will contact you ... In the six years I have had season tickets the university has not contacted me ahead of time to tell me my seat placement.

I have been following this thread while awaiting word from the ticket office about my upgrade request and today I got that call. I was able to move from the north endzone sec. 132 to West sidelines sec. 124. I am one happy hawk.

Don't give up hope.

Latest posts