King

What happened to the guy he threw down and knocked out of the game? Is he still alive?
Treated for a possible concussion. Dare I say "Bullies of the B!G"? (lucky he didn't get called for a late hit out of bounds earlier). Johnson, Ott and Niemann were also pretty physical. Are the new facilities paying off w/ better conditioning here? All I know is I like what I see.

um, i think he has the skills to be a nickel guy who covers slot receivers. teams need guys like that.

Two things..I love King, but that pass inference on Wisconsins drive in the red zone before staves fumble was not great. He didn't need to grab that guy, he had the route defended.

Also, I really don't think he'll go early to the draft, but he I think he could end up being Iowa's all time best corner.

I just can't figure out why teams are still throwing at him. And seriously what the hell was Stave thinking on the second one he just lobbed up there. Pure genius.

I just can't figure out why teams are still throwing at him. And seriously what the hell was Stave thinking on the second one he just lobbed up there. Pure genius.

I can't figure it out, either. They're doing it backwards. Teams threw at Spievey in 2008 and learned their lesson, and avoided him almost entirely in 2009. King has long since established himself as one of the Big Ten's best cover corners, and they weren't throwing at him much last year. Now they decide it's a good time to start trying it out?

King reminds a bit of former Iowa standout - and current Green Bay Packers defensive back - Micah Hyde. Like Hyde, there are some concerns about King's straight-line speed, which could push him to safety in the NFL. While perhaps lacking top notch acceleration, King possesses loose hips to change direction quickly as well as good instincts and ball-skills to make the interceptions when opportunities arise. King certainly possesses the frame, physicality and aggression to handle the switch, ranking as one of the nation's best run-supporting corners. He alertly avoids blocks on his way to the action and is a reliable, forceful open field tackler.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/25230319/nfl-draft-iowa-preview

Hey okieviaiowa, are you a Sooners fan from Iowa crashing this Iowa site? If you're an Iowa fan from Oklahoma shouldn't it be iowaviaokie? Via = by way of.

Last edited:
Easy on saying the Big 10 Bullies are Back.We have 8-9 more games to play including Bowl game.We're going in right direction so let's keep winning and the rewards will come our way,including filling Kinnick for the rest of our home games. Go Hawks

Latest posts