King piling up honors

When King was a freshman I said he was going to be something special.

so when I say J. Smith will be even more special, write it down, because in 2-3 years we will have a new all time leading WR.

So this basically seals it that he'll be gone after this year? Not sure how his stock could get any higher unless he wins the Heisman next year

so when I say J. Smith will be even more special, write it down, because in 2-3 years we will have a new all time leading WR.

I hope you are right. My one concern at this time is that neek isn't that tall, or big for that matter. O'Doyle rules will put some weight on him, and height isn't the measure of a man, just a concern measurbles wise until we can see more what he can do.

edit: somehow i posted the same thing twice about an hour apart from each other....whoops

Last edited:

Meh....not as impressive as Hawknicks predictions. :)

And he is nowhere mentioned that I've seen in any 1st round draft mocks....unless I was looking at senior players only lists. Please come back for back to back natty champs :)

Meh....not as impressive as Hawknicks predictions. :)

yeah, but I have a keen ability to foresee greatness in individual players (called tebow winning the heisman, Winston, King, Stanzi).

Im some sort of weird savant.

Ok ok that's a bit much, but j smith will be the man in the upcoming years barring injury

yeah, but I have a keen ability to foresee greatness in individual players (called tebow winning the heisman, Winston, King, Stanzi).

Im some sort of weird savant.

Ok ok that's a bit much, but j smith will be the man in the upcoming years barring injury

I hope you are right about J. Smith, and I have a feeling you are right about him. Any Iowa WR who gets on the field as a true Fr. is probably pretty solid. I learned that by selling Vandeberg short and the fact he never took a 'Shirt.....he is having an awesome year, and will be just as solid next year.

I have also been hearing really good things about Falconer, and Ogwo got some good summer buzz as well (haven't heard as much during the season). I think Iowa is really getting better athletes at WR now, and bringing in true WR, so they don't have to spend 2 years converting them. I also think D. Young. and Frank Darby fit this mold as well, they are both very athletic playmakers.

Here are Young's Sr. highlight, all he does is make plays from everywhere on the field:
[video]http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4752489/highlights/316328394/v2[/video]

Isn't there a week left in the season? even if you say the CCG should not count, some teams still have another regular season game left. Why are they voting on this now?

Right or wrong, I am trying to project if he is a slot corner or moves to safety in the NFL.

I hope you are right about J. Smith, and I have a feeling you are right about him. Any Iowa WR who gets on the field as a true Fr. is probably pretty solid. I learned that by selling Vandeberg short and the fact he never took a 'Shirt.....he is having an awesome year, and will be just as solid next year.

I have also been hearing really good things about Falconer, and Ogwo got some good summer buzz as well (haven't heard as much during the season). I think Iowa is really getting better athletes at WR now, and bringing in true WR, so they don't have to spend 2 years converting them. I also think D. Young. and Frank Darby fit this mold as well, they are both very athletic playmakers.

Here are Young's Sr. highlight, all he does is make plays from everywhere on the field:
[video]http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4752489/highlights/316328394/v2[/video]

Holy crap, what level of competition is he playing against? He looked like a God among mortals in those clips.