Kill has second seizure, back in hospital

for one, he needs to take care of himself before anything else. two, don't know all that much about seizures, but i'm sure stress can be a major trigger.

so, that said, the decision may be made already to sit out the rest of the year. wouldn't surprise me.

Second seizure? Try again. Reports were he had dozens while in the hospital after the first one.

Did anyone see his face in the interview after the game yesterday? I looked at my roommate and said something looked very wrong. His nose was black, his face was purple and spider vains were popping out. The man needs to hang it up and get healthy.

No disrespect intended, I really feel for the guy. But it would seem he's in the wrong profession with this health issue. Rebuilding a college football program is brutal...long hours, pressure, etc. I can't imagine this getting better...only worse.

And at the risk of sounding insensitive, I think Minnesota's AD is going to look bad again. Brewster was a joke, and now these problems. Everything I've read and heard from Jerry Kill indicates he's a man of integrity and high character, but he may have to go another direction. Coaching could be too much for him physicallly.

Last edited:
No. Kill has suffered many Seizures since leaving the hospital at home and while in the hospital. He made light of them during press conference last week.

correct. if you listened to that interview, he said that the seizures are a result of cancer he had and the related medicines and finding the right balances.

doesn't sound good for his tenure at MN, or for him as a person.

he needs to quit coaching and take care of himself until they get it figured out ... I've seen lots of seizures, and they are no fun, but you can still have a relatively normal life, even if you are prone

I wonder if the university steps in at all and tells him he can't coach until he gets his health in order.

I certainly can't say that the situations are the same or even similar, but I have a friend who also suffered (past tense) seizures starting in 2010.

Getting them under control was a bit of a guessing game. Basically the doctors just kept trying different combinations and dosages of anti-seizure meds until they hit upon the magic combo that worked for her.

That's not to say that they're gone forever, but since starting on the current cocktail over 9 months ago it's been smooth sailing. And she too was seizing very regularly for several months until they gradually started to make progress and hone in on the right drugs.

Latest posts