Kid's day question.

theboat

Anyone that has gone to this in the past or just knows the answer, is it kinda like an open house atmosphere? I have 2 youngins that I am taking and with the heat and their age, won't be able to sit 3 hours plus from when the gates open to end of practice/player availability. Can't really seem to get details on the hawkeyesports website other than the press release.

it's been a few years since I've gone, last time they had the west stands and the south endzone open for seating, I think they only open the gates at the SW corner of Kinnick, they will have posters and magnets available as well as limited concessions. I don't think you can run around the entire stadium, just the SW corner IIRC, which would be just fine for kids to blow off some steam. This was 2 years ago so I could be wrong. I'm planning on heading up so I guess I will find out for sure tomorrow.

Hi Boat,
I've never gone before either...although I was told it is just like the spring game. I did go to that....and wasn't to sure I'd go again. We got there late and moved around alot to try to get good seats for autographs. My son who is now eight, had one of those signature footballs. As soon as they were done, we went right down to the front as the players came over to start signing. If you don't get down there from the beginning, you're hosed. I saw quite a few kids crying because they couldn't get close enough to get an autograph. My son is not a big kid and not that aggressive so a few times I had to pull him out of the crush. I wish it could be more organized. The kids favorites... By their chants...were Stanzi and DJK. Sam got DJK's autograph but Stanzi stayed on he south end the whole time. We got a few outside the stadium as well.

I'll probably go again this weekend with my son on the pretense of him getting more autographs. From a ladys point of view, there's some nice eye candy signing footballs!;)

Thanks for the info? Not too concerned about the autographs, would be nice but probably won't fight the mobs for them. Next step, lets hope that it is not frickin 110 degrees. :eek:

Latest posts