KICK THE FG!!!

Valid reasons on both sides there. I understand you need two scores there and it doesn't matter which order they come in. That said you have to feel OK about picking up a first down on 4th and 3 there. Maybe if it's 4th and 8 it's a different decision.

You need to score twice right-- you will have to attempt a on-side Kick right-- It's a no-brainer you take the points..

It's not a no brainer. You need a TD somewhere in there and it was 4th and 3 on the 23. With the time left on the clock it's a lot easier getting the three after an onside kick than a td.

It's not a no brainer. You need a TD somewhere in there and it was 4th and 3 on the 23. With the time left on the clock it's a lot easier getting the three after an onside kick than a td.

It's a no brainer duff. Go about your day...

There is a joke in here about you having no brain but I'll pass.

It was a reasonable decisions, as would have been going for a FG. I would have been fine with either. Personally I go for it there. You are at the 20 and you need a TD somwhere. The TD is harder than the FG.

It's not a no brainer, with time running down you're not guaranteed to get that close again with a kicker with a strong leg and the wind at his back who can hit a longassed FG, if you need it after recovering an onsides kick...Had they not pi$$ed away the bulk of the time they had to work with they probably would have taken the points, but moving the ball with less than 2 minutes, for this team? Not exactly the no brainer we might think it was.

And full disclosure, my first response was "kick the ball" too...until I thought about it some more.

I don't belittle people. I call out stupid arguments for what they are, stupid arguments. I'll be around at the next official tailgate if you want to meet. I'm not sure where you are going with this.

Latest posts