KF's B10 Media Day

SamsonHawk515

Anyone else watching this thing, did all the media bounce before he arrived? The first four minutes of this thing has been brutal.

Only took five minutes for a relevant question regarding the team to be asked. Looks like the media is as apathetic as Iowa's fan base. Man I hope this year is a turn around from last year. Saturdays aren't the same when the Hawks suck.

Pretty sad situation. Kirk had the look of the only girl at the ball that was never asked for a dance. The silence was painful.

8 minutes on the mic, what an epic joke, that's were Hawkeye football is at, even the Gopher's Jerry Kill was asked more questions. Kfed didn't get a single question about the QB battle or the 3 LBs that return. Unreal.

I don't care what people think about him, but that's on the media, you don't treat the guy with the longest tenure in the B10 like that, str8 bush league.

Nobody cares. People getting all butthurt about where the media thinks Iowa will finish. People who think its a fact that Iowas offense has to get better. College football does not care about Iowa football. The screen said Hitchens was Iowas returning RB.

I don't care what people think about him, but that's on the media, you don't treat the guy with the longest tenure in the B10 like that, str8 bush league.

What sort of reception do you expect for a coach who many people think is overpaid and hasn't produced much in recent years, particularly 4-8 eight months ago?

Could really careless where the media picked us, but ask a few relvant questions. Not two questions from the same guy about the new spearing rule. And some other tool leading the presser with a rambling question about future scheduling.

A lot of this may be due to Kirk's demeanor. I watched Kill and O'Brien and they both acted excited to get the season going. Ferentz is low key to a fault.

Nobody cares. People getting all butthurt about where the media thinks Iowa will finish. People who think its a fact that Iowas offense has to get better. College football does not care about Iowa football. The screen said Hitchens was Iowas returning RB.

Nor should it at this point.

FreedComanche

A lot of this may be due to Kirk's demeanor. I watched Kill and O'Brien and they both acted excited to get the season going. Ferentz is low key to a fault.

He always has been. From a demeanor stand point, he's just as bad as Lick.

Don't get me wrong. I couldn't stand McCarney on the opposite end of the demeanor spectrum. I felt like I was being recruited into a cylone multi level company fan club every time I'd hear him speak. YUCK.

FreedComanche

Enough respect to ask questions that are relevant. Here is one, " Hey coach you have a three way QB battle heading in to training camp when do you think you will make a decision on a starter and could you possibly play more then one QB this year." Bam! That's how easy it is to be part of the media.

Enough respect to ask questions that are relevant. Here is one, " Hey coach you have a three way QB battle heading in to training camp when do you think you will make a decision on a starter and could you possibly play more then one QB this year." Bam! That's how easy it is to be part of the media.

Agreed, but like Ooth said, "nobody cares."

FreedComanche

You guys act like he was the only one it happened to. The media in that room was awful. I watched the Gary Andersen bit and there were several points where the conference almost ended because no one would ask a question. Same thing with Dantonio. I'm sure some of it is the demeanor of the coach as the two I mentioned and KF are all pretty low-key guys who rarely give noteworthy interviews.

Plus it's pretty well known that no one is expecting anything special out of Iowa this season. No one except Hawknick. He's about the only person I've seen who's expecting big things. You combine that with the fact KF is a boring interview and this is what you get. Shouldn't be a big surprise. Of course the haters are gonna run with it.

It is pretty miserable reporting when they didn't even manage to ask about the QB situation... In the end who really cares. It's about as important as the cup size of the cheerleaders on the sidelines.

Last edited:

The problem is Kirk's answer is every writer would already know what it would be.

The problem is Kirk's answer is every writer would already know what it would be.

This is most definitely true. Many of these writers have probably been around as long as KF. They know what his response will be without even asking.

Do you guys thing the addition of Nebby as taken some of the lime light away from the hawks in the overall big 10 picture?

Latest posts