KF’s buyout is NOT prohibitive; not really $23 Million!!!!

uihawk82

I have heard KF’s buyout is 2.3 mil per year (on Soundoff) and Kirk makes 3.83 mil a year. Kirk’s buyout isnt a net total of $23 million and doesn’t have to be because your next coach probably wont be making 3.8 mil a year like KF.

Even before you buy him out you have to have a coach unofficially signed. Let’s say that you can get the coach you want for 2 mil a year, let’s say Chris Petersen would come to Iowa for 2 mil a year. Now you would be paying Petersen 2 mil and KF 2.3 mil for a total in 2013 of 4.3 rather than paying KF 3.8 mil. The difference is about $500,000 more per year.

The $500,000 amount per year is not that bad over 10 years at a $5 million total and maybe your rich donors could help out with that as well as $3 more per ticket.

So don’t say it is prohibitive.
Finally I think KF should have 3 more years to get the program back to upper level Big 10.

You give Krut 3 more years and its going to take an 18 million dollar archeological dig to uncover this buried fossil of a football program.

I have heard KF’s buyout is 2.3 mil per year (on Soundoff) and Kirk makes 3.83 mil a year. Kirk’s buyout isnt a net total of $23 million and doesn’t have to be because your next coach probably wont be making 3.8 mil a year like KF.

Even before you buy him out you have to have a coach unofficially signed. Let’s say that you can get the coach you want for 2 mil a year, let’s say Chris Petersen would come to Iowa for 2 mil a year. Now you would be paying Petersen 2 mil and KF 2.3 mil for a total in 2013 of 4.3 rather than paying KF 3.8 mil. The difference is about $500,000 more per year.

The $500,000 amount per year is not that bad over 10 years at a $5 million total and maybe your rich donors could help out with that as well as $3 more per ticket.

So don’t say it is prohibitive.
Finally I think KF should have 3 more years to get the program back to upper level Big 10.

Three more years with KF and we would be lucky to be upper level MAC. I say he should be gone after next year unless he makes MAJOR changes in how they recruit, new offensive coordinator with new offensive philosophy of scoring points and playing to win and not just playing not to lose. KF needs to change his defensive philosophy and again play aggressive and play to win, rather than PRAY and HOPE that the other team makes a mistake. KF is so stubborn and seems unwilling to adapt and change, that I just don't see it happening.

I think we need to see significant progress next year, or else show him the door. If we win 4 or fewer games next year, I say pull the plug. If there is improvement next year, and the next year is significantly better (still possible, I think) then praise flying spaghetti monster.

If he's got some kind of early-onset dementia or something I think we can put him out to pasture without being on the hook for the full amount, right?

If he's got some kind of early-onset dementia or something I think we can put him out to pasture without being on the hook for the full amount, right?

It's worth a try. He did get really angry early in the game today, but I thought I saw him saying "I ordered the cole slaw! I ordered the cole slaw!"

Latest posts