KF: the definition of mediocrity

Look here's the reality. We didn't win the National Title and we ended up having a mediocre record with what we thought and may still believe and may be the single most talented team at every position in the ferentz era. We lost a ton of close games. Sash and Clayborn had season long injuries they played through, our linebacking core was decimated, and we didn't win the national title. This year our dline is atrocious and the coaching staff has made poor decisions, and for some reason our coaches and announcers are the only people on the planet earth surprised by fake punts, fake field goals, onside kicks, and everything else. The last 16 games have been mediocre at best record wise. Nobody was complaining about all the close games we played when we won them, now were losing them, and guess what that happens. There are a lot of good arguments but seriously the Ferentz is overpaid one is just tired and ridiculous. So what. He was able to talk them into a 4 million dollar salary cause they were afraid he'd go to the nfl and leave the program, God bless him for making some money. Has he earned it, yes he has. Cause guess what, the athletic director and president at the university of iowa look at his worth to the program as a heck of a lot more than win-loss record to minnesota, and i'm glad they do. They look in totality at things like win-loss record, graduation rate of players, AMOUNT OF MONEY THE PROGRAM MAKES FOR THE UNIVERSITY, how much the football program helps out financially the athletic department as a whole. He's really good at some of those other things and he gets our team to a place where we can be upset over not winning a national title or big ten title. We support a team in IOWA, that has three college football programs that draw interest from kids from our state and surrounding states (UI, ISU, UNI). The reality is that there are a lot of coaches who are better on gameday during the game than our coaching staff but for what is required to win consistently at the university of iowa there is no better coach than we could have. He gets kids to come play and wins at a school that based on recruiting situation should legitimately probably go 4-8 every year. We consistently win more than we lose. No one is more upset about the past two years than I am but to come on any forum and say the coach is overpaid shows you don't know what goes into his paycheck, and coming on saying he should be fired says you don't know what it takes to consistently win at iowa or have a legit expectation for where we play football. No one is better at finding kids and turning them into something than this staff in the nation, period, and thats what you have to do to win consistently at iowa. I think its legit to think we should be in the big ten title picture 7 out of 10 years, in the picture. I think its legit to hope for a national title run, run, once every 10, and we should expect to be in the top half of the big ten every year. Some of the things we hoped for didn't pan out, guess what, it happens. I wanted to wake up skinny and good looking this morning, Disappointment abounds.

YES! It is only good coaching that has gotten our fan base to believe that we are as good as the Florida's, LSU's, Michigans, Penn States, etc. It can get much much worse...

I had to login again just to ask you...

are you retarded, or trolling?

Our "good coaching" tried everything they could to cost us games in our best years, but talents like Shonne green, Sash, Tate, Banks, Stanzi, Moeaki, Clayborne, ect ect ect ect have kept us in games, and allowed us to win them.

As mentioned before, and as Ive said on here SEVERAL times.. KF has been HORRIBLE at game management and that has been my opinion (so I know Im not alone now) since Tate-Holloway ignited hawkeyenation.

Since youre a crack smoking autistic gerbile, let me point a few things out to you... you know, stuff that matters to college kids..

1) Iowa City is consistently ranked in the top schools for partying
2) Iowa City WORSHIPS their star players
3) This program has BEFORE and will AFTER KF been known as a hard working, GOOD program.
4) As any mentor on planet earth will tell a new recruit, in Iowa City, you have YOUR PICK of any girl on campus being an Iowa Hawkeye football player
5) You WILL get exposure. As evident by the many "kids" in the NFL now, mostly in Midwestern state teams. Why? Because they have been given the opportunity to be seen by close NFL teams. This has nothing to do with KF. It was happening before, and will happen (again) AFTER

Now, lets look at what our "good coaches" have contributed to our recruiting efforts....

1) Unless you are a top top top talent, you WONT be scouted by teams outside of the midwest for NFL
2) If youre a 5 star recruit, it doesnt matter if you come in 5 levels ahead of the Junior redshirt starter, because they have "seniority", they are going to play
3) We dont have an exciting, or even relevant offense. We are up by 10, we run. We are up by 1, we run. We are down by 20, we run. We dont utilitze the clock, we dont go for the kill. We pass pretty much when we HAVE to pass.
4) Unrealistic expectations because of the staff, and the bizarro-land supporters they have.
5) Staff that doesnt think its necessary to come recruit you.
6) We are never consistently beating our in-state rival.
7) Instead of getting highlights on ESPN, you are minimized because our coach would rather let Minnesota, who shouldnt win a game all year, beat us.. because he was too big of a pu$$y to step on the throat, and go for the kill

Maybe, since youre a dinky dong derp derp, you dont realize this, but all of those things are important to kids. If we dont land good recruits, we dont win games, we dont get to bowl games, we dont get recruits. That is called cyclical, or a cycle. Some may even say a vicious cycle.

When KF moves on (and within 2 years he will), people will jump around saying "see i told you we were gonna suck now" keep in mind, there are 10-14 year olds watching college right now that are counting Iowa out already because of how ****** KF is as a coach. His poor performance impact will be felt long after he leaves.

Last edited:
1) Iowa City is consistently ranked in the top schools for partying
True but every college has a party seen. I don't really see how this makes Iowa a better destination.
2) Iowa City WARSHIPS their star players
True for every school that has big time football
3) This program has BEFORE and will AFTER KF been known as a hard working, GOOD program.
4) As any mentor on planet earth will tell a new recruit, in Iowa City, you have YOUR PICK of any girl on campus being an Iowa Hawkeye football player
Once again, this happens at every school that has big time football. Not unique to Iowa City.
5) You WILL get exposure. As evident by the many "kids" in the NFL now, mostly in Midwestern state teams. Why? Because they have been given the opportunity to be seen by close NFL teams. This has nothing to do with KF. It was happening before, and will happen (again) AFTER
Once again, this happens at any big time college football program.

Your trying to prove stuff not unique to Ferentz but listing stuff not unique to Iowa football thus most of that stuff would not draw the eye of recruits. The only one that may is the fact that Iowa does have tradition.

1) are you kidding me? How does this matter? Do I need to call you an autistic gerbil as well? Cmon man.. your thinking is on par with KF/KOK/NP OUTDATED schemes.

the rest, now you get my point, we are a BIG TIME FOOTBALL PROGRAM. WITHOUT KF just the damn same.

1) are you kidding me? How does this matter? Do I need to call you an autistic gerbil as well? Cmon man.. your thinking is on par with KF/KOK/NP OUTDATED schemes.

the rest, now you get my point, we are a BIG TIME FOOTBALL PROGRAM. WITHOUT KF just the damn same.

Autistic gerbil?

Though I do suppose you're right Iowa City is the only college campus with parties.

Last edited:
Here is why he gets respect:

1. 8 wins against Penn State. 4 wins against Michigan.
2. 6 bowl wins
3. Orange Bowl win
4. 2 Big Ten championships
5. 83% winning record at home the past 10 years

66% overall winning percentage the past 10 years.

Over 50 kids in the NFL.

Give me a break.

smoot, read it and weep buddy. think before you post.

smoot, read it and weep buddy. think before you post.

What's our record since 2005 against teams we were favored by 10 points plus against? When is the last time you've seen a highly regarded coach lose as frequently to teams we are heavily favored against? Learn the game or keep living in 2004.

Autistic gerbil?

Though I do suppose you're right Iowa City is the only college campus with parties.

Super, Im arguing with a 13 IQ tard..

If you dont know the difference between school parties, and TOP PARTY SCHOOLS, you are a moran

Michigan had several down years and a coach fired recently. 2 of those wins we were heavily favored and barely won

Penn State is the only "good" team we have beaten regularly

Let's not cherry pick these wins and ignore 2 straight losses to the worst team in the Big Ten (Minn.), mediocre play against Indiana, 3 straight losses to Northwestern, a loss to Western Michigan, Near loss to FCS UNI, near loss to Arkansas St at home , and a losing record to one of the worst Big 12 programs (ISU). Hey, at least you can beat PSU

2. 6 bowl wins
Let's not pretend that we didn't face several inferior bowl opponents due to losing stupid games throughout the season. No reason Shonn Greene's team should have settled for a mediocre South Carolina team that limped into their bowl.

3. Orange Bowl win
I'll give credit for this win, although the ACC sucked that year and Georgia Tech got beat by an 8-5 Georgia and pounded by Miami. They also barely got by a 5 win Wake Forest in OT.

2 top 25 finishes in the last 7 years.

Nice cherry picking of stats. Our road record has been less than stellar. Don't discount that the home record factors in 2-3 games per year against FCS or poor opponents. His overall Big Ten record is worse than Fry's.

9 losses as double digit favorite since 2006

Over 50 kids in the NFL.
All the more reason not to have such a horrible record against inferior teams.

Give me a break.

Last edited:

Michigan had several down years and a coach fired recently. 2 of those wins we were heavily favored and barely won

Penn State is the only "good" team we have beaten regularly

Let's not cherry pick these wins and ignore 2 straight losses to the worst team in the Big Ten (Minn.), mediocre play against Indiana, 3 straight losses to Northwestern, a loss to Western Michigan, Near loss to FCS UNI, near loss to Arkansas St at home , and a losing record to one of the worst Big 12 programs (ISU). Hey, at least you can beat PSU

2. 6 bowl wins
Let's not pretend that we didn't face several inferior bowl opponents due to losing stupid games throughout the season. No reason Shonn Greene's team should have settled for a mediocre South Carolina team that limped into their bowl.

3. Orange Bowl win
I'll give credit for this win, although the ACC sucked that year and Georgia Tech got beat by an 8-5 Georgia and pounded by Miami. They also barely got by a 5 win Wake Forest in OT.

2 top 25 finishes in the last 7 years.

Nice cherry picking of stats. Our road record has been less than stellar. Don't discount that the home record factors in 2-3 games per year against FCS or poor opponents. His overall Big Ten record is worse than Fry's.

9 losses as double digit favorite since 2006

Over 50 kids in the NFL.
All the more reason not to have such a horrible record against inferior teams.

Give me a break.

the people you argue with, they have no brain.. Leave your facts alone and damn it just all praise alkirkah

Latest posts