KF: the definition of mediocrity

smoot27

Record vs:

ISU - 6-7
Indiana - 7-4
Minnesota - 8-5
Northwestern - 5-6

Not sure why this guy gets so much respect on this forum. I can't think of another "good" coach who has such a pathetic record vs. bad teams. We should win at least 75% of the games against these programs.

Record vs:

ISU - 6-7
Indiana - 7-4
Minnesota - 8-5
Northwestern - 5-6

Not sure why this guy gets so much respect on this forum. I can't think of another "good" coach who has such a pathetic record vs. bad teams. We should win at least 75% of the games against these programs.
the truth hurts

Here is why he gets respect:

1. 8 wins against Penn State. 4 wins against Michigan.
2. 6 bowl wins
3. Orange Bowl win
4. 2 Big Ten championships
5. 83% winning record at home the past 10 years

66% overall winning percentage the past 10 years.

Over 50 kids in the NFL.

Give me a break.

We are fortunate the Indiana record isn't worse. A dropped TD saved us more shame last season. Even the year before (2009) even though we won 42-24, it might have been a different story had Sash not come up with a goofy redzone int and returned it for a TD to get us back in the game.

2. 6 bowl wins
3. Orange Bowl win

Over 50 kids in the NFL.

Give me a break.

How many top 25 finishes since his 3 year run (2002-2004)? Who cares about NFL prospects when you lose to inferior opponents regulary with them? Finally answer my question and name a good coach who performs so poorly against lesser teams than KF.

Those are telling numbers. "That's football" accounts for one loss every five years to each of those teams. Considering we've been historically in the second cut of B10 teams (behind OSU, Mich, and PSU; probably with Wisc and MSU), I don't think 4 out of 5 against those patsies is too much to ask given OSU and Mich lose to those teams once every 30 years (maybe).

How many top 25 finishes since his 3 year run (2002-2004)? Who cares about NFL prospects when you lose to inferior opponents regulary with them? Finally answer my question and name a good coach who performs so poorly against lesser teams than KF.

I agree this number of NFL players argument is fools gold. We are not a farm team for the NFL we are a college team. We play a style of football that produces NFL ready players but is antiquated in the NCAA and makes you upset prone if you don't play near perfect every week.

2. 6 bowl wins
3. Orange Bowl win

Over 50 kids in the NFL.

Give me a break.

YES! Four top 10 finishes, 1 national coach of the year (or maybe 2), 2 big ten coach of the year. that be why

The # of NFL players enhances the argument that KF underperforms and isn't a good gameday coach. Even our brightest moment, Tate-Holloway, was the result of **** poor clock management that a high school coach would be ashamed of.

Record vs:

ISU - 6-7
Indiana - 7-4
Minnesota - 8-5
Northwestern - 5-6

but it's because it is those teams' super bowl!

they prepare all year for that one game against Iowa.

YES! Four top 10 finishes, 1 national coach of the year (or maybe 2), 2 big ten coach of the year. that be why

2002-2004 was a long time ago. What have you done for me lately? How about 2 top-25 finishes in 7 seasons. Is that top 5 money for you?

What in the heck are you talking about? They finished #22 in the country in 2008, and #8 in 2009. They finished #27 in 2010 (both polls).

By the way, in many of those years, NW and Minnesota had excellent teams. Ever hear of Glen Mason? Also, Ferentz is 6-3 in his last 9 games against the Cyclones. Of course, you conveniently avoid that statistic.

Your argument holds zero water. Zero.

Brilliant argument. Let's fire Ferentz and offer the next guy less money to coach at Iowa.

That definitely will work. Are you kidding me?

Brilliant argument. Let's fire Ferentz and offer the next guy less money to coach at Iowa.

That definitely will work. Are you kidding me?

No your right we should just keep quiet. Its not so bad this losing thing. At least we are losing to good teams. I say we give Kirk a raise and pray he never leaves.

What in the heck are you talking about? They finished #22 in the country in 2008, and #8 in 2009. They finished #27 in 2010 (both polls).

By the way, in many of those years, NW and Minnesota had excellent teams. Ever hear of Glen Mason? Also, Ferentz is 6-3 in his last 9 games against the Cyclones. Of course, you conveniently avoid that statistic.

Excellent Teams? Really....really, really................. excellent....really?

# 27 haha ok. I stated in a following post that Iowa had only 2 top 25 finishes since then. Minnesota and NW had excellent teams? They beat us three years in a row with mediocre teams that couldn't win a bowl game.

6-3 in the last 9 against ISU as if that's an accomplishment (including a loss to a 3-9 Cyclone team)?

How good were those Minnesota teams that beat us the last two years?

If ISU is so good, join their fan base...

Now you're just resorting childish tactics. So I guess if you aren't happy with the teams performance and coach you must switch teams. Ok, well I don't worship at the alter of KF like you. I put the Hawkeyes above any individual. You can keep your blind and ignorant support for a coach.

Latest posts