KF running program into ground.

hawkfan1319

The program will be dead in a few years thanks to Captain Kirk. It was painful to start out but now it just has become funny.

It doesn't matter. Kirk won't get fired, won't get hired anywhere else and won't resign. His buyout is $22 million. He could go 0-12 and it wouldn't matter. The fact is he is here until 2020. Need to let the freshmen develop and coordinators get feet wet. Iowa is a lower tier Big Ten team, Kirk exceeded that for a few seasons. This season is what Iowa is.

Next year will tell. If results are not significantly better than I agree that the program is being run into the dirt. I don't believe Kirk will be here til 2020 if we have another year next year like this one.

I am waiting till next year until i feel its
A trend. I think its oline and dline woes and a void in talent from a series of factors starting in 08.

I hope I'm right...or i will turn next year.

I'm beginning to think the 2009 season was a fluke.

Watching that season objectively you'd probably come to similar conclusions. One team generally doesn't get THAT many bounces to all go their way...we parlayed those bounces with making a few plays and having a stellar defense into a seat at the BCS table, where we played the best possible (i.e one dimensional) opponent.

If 2010 wasn't the "karmic return" this year certainly would take that moniker.

I'm beginning to think the 2009 season was a fluke.

There is no such thing as a fluke BCS game winning season. This game is too hard to accidentally win that many games. Ferentz is a very good coach and has proven that over the years. What is happening now (inexplicably poor offense, bad overall talent level, bad fundamentals, etc.) is very bad and it is on Ferentz - no question. Some of you have lost your minds bc of all of this though and sound like morons.

One successful season does not a great coach make.

He's had 4 great seasons, 6 average to good seasons 4 disappointing to bad years( and i dont think you can put the first couple on him).

I will stay with KF unless next year is less than 7 wins( even with a new qb).

2 BCS games, many top 10 final rankings, multiple big ten championships (2?). yes, we all want more of these. yes, the program is terrible now as an on the field product. If he continues to lose, he should be fired. But Kirk Ferentz's record speaks for itself. Perspective, folks.

2 BCS games, many top 10 final rankings, multiple big ten championships (2?). yes, we all want more of these. yes, the program is terrible now as an on the field product. If he continues to lose, he should be fired. But Kirk Ferentz's record speaks for itself. Perspective, folks.

In my very humble opinion...i agree with this

You are right, his record is extremely average. You could even call it vanilla.

You are right, his record is extremely average. You could even call it vanilla.

You would really call his accomplishments average? Most coaches win conference titles, BCS games and finish in the top ten multiple years in a row? I am as ****** as any Iowa fan that takes Iowa Football way to seriously (I am certainly in that group), but 90% of what is spewed on this site speaks more about the spewer.

Edit: The word ****** gets censored?

5 of last 7 years .500 or worse in a not very strong Big 10 conf. is not anything to be real proud of.

100% true. And it may justifiably get him fired. But, we are talking about Ferentz's tenure at Iowa right, not just cherry picking the bad stuff?

He's had 4 great seasons, 6 average to good seasons 4 disappointing to bad years( and i dont think you can put the first couple on him).

I will stay with KF unless next year is less than 7 wins( even with a new qb).

With this much fail you must have been Obama's history professor

How does his record win him games in the present? His record is why he is still employed, it shouldn't keep him from facing accountability for these past 3 seasons. It doesn't excuse him from this season. It's plain to see which offensive player is holding back the offense, the fact Kirk hasn't made a change is a complete joke, and we'll see the difference next year.

Latest posts