KF needs a Chief Operating Officer

BSpringsteen

KF is a coach. He makes players better. He makes coaches better. He manages the program as well as anyone can.

But he also has an NFL mentality, and that simply won't work for at the college level.

He always talks about getting better as the year goes along, as though they are trying to make the playoffs and be hot at the right time. In college you have to be hot for 12 straight weeks. In short, he lacks a killer instinct to a degree.

He also is not a good game manager and a great CEO needs to know his weaknesses. he needs to bring someone onto the staff whose strengths are his weakness.

This is now the second time where high expectations have been met with horrible disappointment. If we go through another 05-07 drought, it is going to get really ugly really fast.

I don't think if he goes 9-3 that this season will be looked at like a failure. Maybe for the extreme wackos that thought it was national championship or bust. But not from the average fan.

I agree that there are some issues within our staff that probably need to be addressed in some manner. But let's not start pretending that we are on the verge of 05-07 streak just because we lost a game.

Just not for me. But for everybody else who isn't afraid to have expectations for once

You poor thing. You didn't have expectations last year? When we won a BCS Bowl. I love the posters who act like Iowa football owes them something. You start crying about 9-3 and you start sounding like Nebraska fans. It's kind of embarrassing our fanbase has this segment.

Then by all means, go away. Message boards aren't for people who want to twiddle their thumbs and act like all is perfect in the world. And nobody is going to sit here and go "Gee, burky247 is right: I should just stick my head in the ground."

Oh, and guess what? Nebraska has national championships. Wouldn't it be great if Iowa did too?

Then by all means, go away. Message boards aren't for people who want to twiddle their thumbs and act like all is perfect in the world. And nobody is going to sit here and go "Gee, burky247 is right: I should just stick my head in the ground."

Oh, and guess what? Nebraska has national championships. Wouldn't it be great if Iowa did too?

So in other words, I'm right and you're acting like a baby. Gotcha.

You really aren't bright enough to get the Nebraska reference, huh?? That's telling.

So in other words, I'm right and you're acting like a baby. Gotcha.

You really aren't bright enough to get the Nebraska reference, huh?? That's telling.

I get it, I just don't find it particularly relevant, seeing as I'm not calling for Ferentz's head.

Here's a thought: you be the fan you want to be, and stop telling everybody else what kind of fan they should be. And if you don't want to have expectations, for whatever reason, you can live in that little bubble of reality.

I get it, I just don't find it particularly relevant, seeing as I'm not calling for Ferentz's head.

Here's a thought: you be the fan you want to be, and stop telling everybody else what kind of fan they should be. And if you don't want to have expectations, for whatever reason, you can live in that little bubble of reality.

All you had to do was argue the points I made. You seem to be ignoring everything I write, but still keeping your same conclusion. Which is fine. But don't tell me to leave the message board because you can't debate your points. If you're looking for a place to vent that's fine, but don't expect a free pass from stupid statements.

The only thing I have said is that 9-3 is not a failure. And anyone who considers it a failure really is out of touch of where Iowa football is in the grand scheme of things. As bad as it was that Nebby fans got to the point where 9-3 was considered a bad year, at least they had a past level of elitism to make that claim. How does Iowa have that claim? We've had like 5 Big Ten Championships since 1980.

Yes it sucks that this team isn't living up to the preseason expectations. Trust me, no one feels worse about this loss than me. But thinking ahead, if we could somehow find a way to beat OSU and then take care of Minny, I would be pretty content with the season. Not overly thrilled by any means, but content.

Not overly thrilled by any means, but content.

I can't say I'd be content (obviously).

Not because we would've ended up 9-3 - that would still be a disappointment - but in *who* we lost to and *how* we've lost.

In the end, we shouldn't be losing to NW year after year.

All you had to do was argue the points I made. You seem to be ignoring everything I write, but still keeping your same conclusion. Which is fine. But don't tell me to leave the message board because you can't debate your points. If you're looking for a place to vent that's fine, but don't expect a free pass from stupid statements.

The only thing I have said is that 9-3 is not a failure. And anyone who considers it a failure really is out of touch of where Iowa football is in the grand scheme of things. As bad as it was that Nebby fans got to the point where 9-3 was considered a bad year, at least they had a past level of elitism to make that claim. How does Iowa have that claim? We've had like 5 Big Ten Championships since 1980.

Yes it sucks that this team isn't living up to the preseason expectations. Trust me, no one feels worse about this loss than me. But thinking ahead, if we could somehow find a way to beat OSU and then take care of Minny, I would be pretty content with the season. Not overly thrilled by any means, but content.

This year is a failure. Because the "grand scheme of things" does not matter this year. Only this year matters.

And guess what? We've fallen drastically short of our expectations. And guess what? All of them were realistic.

A national championship, or at LEAST, a BCS appearance with this team and the returning players it had was every bit realistic.

However, they have been beat now three times, all of which by teams they SHOULD have beat.

This season is a failure. This was supposed to be the year Iowa made the leap from junior varsity to varsity. I'm sick of meddling in mediocrity. I want success, and to me, this season has fallen terribly short.

This year is a failure. Because the "grand scheme of things" does not matter this year. Only this year matters.

And guess what? We've fallen drastically short of our expectations. And guess what? All of them were realistic.

A national championship, or at LEAST, a BCS appearance with this team and the returning players it had was every bit realistic.

However, they have been beat now three times, all of which by teams they SHOULD have beat.

This season is a failure. This was supposed to be the year Iowa made the leap from junior varsity to varsity. I'm sick of meddling in mediocrity. I want success, and to me, this season has fallen terribly short.

I understand that Iowa has their share of extremists. You can continue your meltdown. :)

I understand that Iowa has their share of extremists. You can continue your meltdown. :)

Far from melting down. Disappointed that we did not live up to expectations in what could have been the greatest Iowa season ever? Yes.

I don't think we're going to get the type of opportunity we had with the stars aligning like they did, too many other times. We let this year slip away from us, and it stings.

I wouldn't call it melting down though.

So Burky, you sounds pretty confident the hawks will win out? You keep saying 9-3. I think OSU rolls us next week and then the team will be demoralized and lose to MN. I'm conceding a 7-5 finish. Just my opinion though, so it doesn't mean anything.

Latest posts