KF comments on Wegher situation tonight

what if wegher was hurt? he wouldn't be able to participate in practices or anything. should we take his scholarship away then since he's not contributing to the team?

what if wegher was hurt? he wouldn't be able to participate in practices or anything. should we take his scholarship away then since he's not contributing to the team?

Of course you wouldnt take away his scholarship if he was hurt. Brandon chose not to be with the team, he is not injured. This is a personal decision. Also if he was hurt, he would still be with the team and participate in team functions, meetings, and film study. Being hurt and leaving the team is like comparing apples to oranges.

Of course you wouldnt take away his scholarship if he was hurt. Brandon chose not to be with the team, he is not injured. This is a personal decision. Also if he was hurt, he would still be with the team and participate in team functions, meetings, and film study. Being hurt and leaving the team is like comparing apples to oranges.
If his personal issues are serious enough for him to make this decision, then it stands to reason that he'd be completely distracted and ineffective were he forced to remain active with the team just to keep his scholarship.

Were that the case, he'd probably drop out of school altogether or transfer.

This way, Brandon can take care of his situation, take a redshirt, and hopefully be back next year.

Leaving Brandon on scholarship through at least this year is the right thing to do.

If he never returns to the team, I wish him well.

If his personal issues are serious enough for him to make this decision, then it stands to reason that he'd be completely distracted and ineffective were he forced to remain active with the team just to keep his scholarship.

This way, Brandon can take care of his situation, take a redshirt, and hopefully be back next year.

Leaving Brandon on scholarship through at least this year is the right thing to do.

This is exactly right.

Plus don't we trust KF judgement? If this was a problem at all for the team, or the players, KF wouldn't leave this option open. KF knows how to run this team, if he says this is ok, then it is ok by me!

pretty much THIS

How is it the right thing to do. He is not upholding his end of the deal to be on an athletic scholarship at Iowa.Let him pay then to go to school just like the rest of us had to if we didnt have a scholarship. How is that fair to the rest of the team and to the general public that sacrifices to put their kids through college.

Actually, if he was hurt he would still be participating in rehab and film study and doing things that would help him improve his game which in turn would be contributing to the team. Currently it doesnt sound like he is even doing that.

Also, I called it a month ago that he wouldnt be playing this year. I hate to do it, but I have to....I told you so.

Okay:

Actually I taught at Iowa. One of the things that Student Health and student services impressed upon us was that psychological issues are health issues. This kid ran into the endzone and flashed his Tiger Hawk gloves on National television scoring the decisive TD in a BCS game and now he is out of football.

Sorry guys, but you don't do that if you are in good psychological health. He is in the middle of a serious emotional crisis. Just because his health concern does not involve physical damage does not mean it isn't just as serious. Take a look at the health impact of alcoholism, drug addiction, paranoid schizophrenia, depression, etc., before you spout off about health issues.

has anyone ever considered that maybe he has been playing football because that is what he has been told that is what he is good at and that is what he is suppose to do and that is maybe part of his decision?

It's all speculation.

Let's focus on our current roster and support the kids we have on the field.

Okay:

Actually I taught at Iowa. One of the things that Student Health and student services impressed upon us was that psychological issues are health issues. This kid ran into the endzone and flashed his Tiger Hawk gloves on National television scoring the decisive TD in a BCS game and now he is out of football.

Sorry guys, but you don't do that if you are in good psychological health. He is in the middle of a serious emotional crisis. Just because his health concern does not involve physical damage does not mean it isn't just as serious. Take a look at the health impact of alcoholism, drug addiction, paranoid schizophrenia, depression, etc., before you spout off about health issues.

If rumors are true, hes having a baby and supporting his gf which is very commendable on his part. Many people his age have gone through something similar. Its not the end of the world. The fact is hes not participating in team functions, therefore he does not deserve the scholarship. Even if he is in a serious emotional crisis, he is still not upholding his end of the scholarship deal.

If rumors are true, hes having a baby and supporting his gf which is very commendable on his part. Many people his age have gone through something similar. Its not the end of the world. The fact is hes not participating in team functions, therefore he does not deserve the scholarship. Even if he is in a serious emotional crisis, he is still not upholding his end of the scholarship deal.

Let it go, and quit being a DB. If KF is fine with it, the team is fine with it, that is all that matters.

"It's not the end of the world." So, what is the end of the world?

That is one of the most idiotic statements that one can make. It is a way to say, I don't think your reaction to the situation is appropriate. In communication research we call it a counterfeit supportive response and something that people should stay away from saying.

But, it is nice that your expertise in psychology is able to reduce the totality of Brandon's emotional status to one specific issue. I guess if I were to do that with you I would end up saying you are either extremely mentally challenged, or just simply delusional. But, I don't know enough about you to make such a diagnosis.

Okay:

"serious emotional crisis" ...that he brought on him self with a lack of common sense and good judgment. If my son was out there bustin his butt for the TEAM and was paying his own way, I would raise holly He$$. CH just walked away from the TEAM because of apparent personal issues. Is he stayin on a full ride?

"It's not the end of the world." So, what is the end of the world?

That is one of the most idiotic statements that one can make. It is a way to say, I don't think your reaction to the situation is appropriate. In communication research we call it a counterfeit supportive response and something that people should stay away from saying.

But, it is nice that your expertise in psychology is able to reduce the totality of Brandon's emotional status to one specific issue. I guess if I were to do that with you I would end up saying you are either extremely mentally challenged, or just simply delusional. But, I don't know enough about you to make such a diagnosis.

Ok, maybe he is having an emotional crisis and it is the end of the world. This is not the point of the argument though. The fact is he is not participating in football activities whatsoever, so he does not deserve the scholarship. What about the walk ons that are busting their but everyday, participating in team activities going to class. How is that fair to them or their families when another person on the team leaves the team but is still getting his schooling paid for.

Latest posts