KF buyout

goods10

Does anyone know what the amount of the buyout is?

Does anyone have a thought or info on what year of the contract does it finally become financial doable to payoff KF and hire a new head coach?

1275389857_naked-gun-facepalm.gif

Goods It's 2.6 million per year and is signed till 2020, which equals 20 million right now. So each year it's 2.6 million less, so it's going to be awhile before it's even a possible consideration.

the buyout is doable at any time. you are an idiot for wanting a new coach though.

Can you please explain why the buyout is doable at any time? Everyone seems to say it is way too costly. I assumed it was when I read it was over $20M. Am I assuming wrong?

Can you please explain why the buyout is doable at any time? Everyone seems to say it is way too costly. I assumed it was when I read it was over $20M. Am I assuming wrong?

it is over $20mm.

however its not a lump sum. our athletic department is loaded. KF could agree to a reduced buyout. if for some reason it is finally determined to KF needs to go, money will not be an issue.

I would assume that the buyout is technically doable because:

1) It wouldn't be due at once
2) We'd be paying him the money anyway if he were coaching so the money would be there

Now where it gets tricky is, that along with paying that massive buyout every year, the new coach would also have to get paid. So if you're looking at in dollars and sense (lolz) if we paid 2.6 mil a year to KF for the buyout, that would leave about 800k (based on KF's current pay per year) to spend on a new HC. Now, we could possibly do something like give KF 10 mil of the buyout up front, which would substantially reduce the remaining yearly buyout payments. Of course, I have no idea how the buyout can or would be structured, so this is completely made up. Fin.

Latest posts