Key to the loss

On that fourth foul Garza looked over at someone (probably the official) with a look of disgust and you could tell he was going to say something but he caught himself and just continued down the floor. Post play in the conference looks like try outs for offensive linemen for football in the big ten conference and then you call a fourth foul on the team‘s and conference’s most valuable player for something much less than what they have been seeing every game?

I am not one to complain about officiating but that was ridiculous. Some credit to Fran for not getting a technical for a while and doing a better job of controlling his emotions.

Although some of the officiating was questionable this game was lost by things that were under our teams control that were mentioned in other post.
My favorite call beside the non-goaltend that cost us the game as it took away Joe's put back was the halftime two hop on one leg be the Illnoy guard that all the refs apparently though was fine and led to the big three to end the half. In a empty gym and the ball handler near the goal line how did they miss that??

The only thing I don't agree with in the OP is Nunge on the missed free throw. I put that on Wieskamp much more than Nunge. Nunge had moved his guy out of the play. Wiesy is supposed to get the shooter. No way Cocky should beat him to the rebound. That was just lazy. You could hope that Nunge has the hands to corral the rebound, but we've seen his hands aren't great right now. On a rebound like that, you expect the next guy on the line to be able to sweep in for the loose ball.
Hard to tell if JBo or Weezy had responsibility to block out Cockburn. Both took a step into the lane in front of Cockburn, but then when JBo saw the ball coming off the rim, he immediately turned and raced full speed up the court, hoping to get a pass in time to get off a 3.

My favorite call beside the non-goaltend that cost us the game as it took away Joe's put back was the halftime two hop on one leg be the Illnoy guard that all the refs apparently though was fine and led to the big three to end the half. In a empty gym and the ball handler near the goal line how did they miss that??
Yeah, it looked like traveling, but the way traveling is called these days is unbelievably inconsistent. On a fast break or break-away lay-up, players typically pick up their dribble, then step, step, layup. No problem. But if you receive a pass standing still, but shift your feet with two quick steps before putting the ball down on the court, TRAVELING! In both cases, 2 steps are taken without a dribble, in one case it's called traveling, the other it's not. Last night the Illinois guy along the baseline did exactly what guys do going in for layups -- it just looked weird.

These coaches must be geniuses to have finally figured out how to guard Bohannon in his 5th year. Im sure there will be some coaches that forget over the next few weeks and allow him to put up 20. Bohannon won't get credit for those games tho. It will simply be because the coaches forgot how to guard him again.

Lol, I was like how in the hell is that not traveling???

Yeah, it looked like traveling, but the way traveling is called these days is unbelievably inconsistent. On a fast break or break-away lay-up, players typically pick up their dribble, then step, step, layup. No problem. But if you receive a pass standing still, but shift your feet with two quick steps before putting the ball down on the court, TRAVELING! In both cases, 2 steps are taken without a dribble, in one case it's called traveling, the other it's not. Last night the Illinois guy along the baseline did exactly what guys do going in for layups -- it just looked weird.
I rewound it because I know exactly what you’re saying and I wasn’t sure. But he took 3 steps...not 2. That’s always traveling.

Yeah it's an interesting rule, but has to do about one being before your dribble and one being after your dribble. Layups would look a little janky if you could only take one step before you had to put the ball up.

Lol his podcast has nothing to do with his performance. Jordan has given his life to the U of I. He’s replaced 2 hips and sacrificed everything to be a Hawkeye. He’s one of best guards to ever play here. These guys are much more than just basketball players. The podcast rules btw. Go back to the clone board dipshit
Wow that's aggressive. Never said the kid didn't play as hard as he can....never said he hasn't given several years of his life to the program. One of the best 3 point shooters ever at Iowa I agree 100%. ONe of the best guards ever to play here? Well I guess it depends how far you wanna go down the list IGC, good news is your opinions are like assholes--everyone has one. He wants to be a YouTuber or a Podcast King go do that make tons of cash be an entrepreneur! I wish him the best doesn't help him play basketball better u tool. He struggles to compete in key situations period. BTW I hate that school in Ames.

Wow that's aggressive. Never said the kid didn't play as hard as he can....never said he hasn't given several years of his life to the program. One of the best 3 point shooters ever at Iowa I agree 100%. ONe of the best guards ever to play here? Well I guess it depends how far you wanna go down the list IGC, good news is your opinions are like assholes--everyone has one. He wants to be a YouTuber or a Podcast King go do that make tons of cash be an entrepreneur! I wish him the best doesn't help him play basketball better u tool. He struggles to compete in key situations period. BTW I hate that school in Ames.
Complete sentences much?

Latest posts