Key stretch: Iowa - ESPN

Northwestern isn't talented. Their QB sucks, and that NW offense doesn't work with a QB that isn't consistently accurate. Also doesn't help their line sucks.

Maryland went 3-5 in the ACC last year. Some of their banner wins were against 3-9 NC St. 2-12 Virginia, 3-9 UConn, 4-8 West Virginia, and perennial powers FIU and Old Dominion. They achieved bowl eligibility by beating teams with 13 combined Division 1 wins. Even Iowa's schedule this year is tougher.

Lesser ISU teams? I don't think we've ever seen a lesser ISU team. They don't have a QB, they don't have a defense, they're on the road, and they're replacing like 7 coaches.

Write it in pen. Carve it in stone. Ink it on your skin. Get a giant laser and engrave it in the moon. We win these three easy.

Siemien had a passer rating in all games that was equal to Rudock. In league games his QB rating was higher than Rudock and 3rd in the Big Ten overall. Maybe he sucks, but he has better passing numbers than anyone in this league....cept for Hack of PSU. I dislike NW as much as anyone, but their offense returns Venric Mark, 1st team all American kick returner...who was hurt last year. Also 4 of the better WR's in the league, superback Vitale, and their whole o-line, including their center who was all league. If their defense is decent, they wll be bowlng again.

Northwestern isn't talented. Their QB sucks, and that NW offense doesn't work with a QB that isn't consistently accurate. Also doesn't help their line sucks.

Maryland went 3-5 in the ACC last year. Some of their banner wins were against 3-9 NC St. 2-12 Virginia, 3-9 UConn, 4-8 West Virginia, and perennial powers FIU and Old Dominion. They achieved bowl eligibility by beating teams with 13 combined Division 1 wins. Even Iowa's schedule this year is tougher.

Lesser ISU teams? I don't think we've ever seen a lesser ISU team. They don't have a QB, they don't have a defense, they're on the road, and they're replacing like 7 coaches.

Write it in pen. Carve it in stone. Ink it on your skin. Get a giant laser and engrave it in the moon. We win these three easy.

Doesn't matter how good NW's QB is. They return the entire o-line and Mark. In case you don't recall, we didn't crush them last year (IN Kinnick!). They pretty much shredded our D until the OT period. Then the d-line came to play.

As for Maryland; they may not be world beaters but, IIRC, they return 20 starters. I hate to be captain obvious here, but another year in the weight room/a program will help someone get stronger. And before you stretch my words, I'm not predicting they beat us.

Doesn't matter how good NW's QB is. They return the entire o-line and Mark. In case you don't recall, we didn't crush them last year (IN Kinnick!). They pretty much shredded our D until the OT period. Then the d-line came to play.

As for Maryland; they may not be world beaters but, IIRC, they return 20 starters. I hate to be captain obvious here, but another year in the weight room/a program will help someone get stronger. And before you stretch my words, I'm not predicting they beat us.

By Northwestern shredded our defense, you mean 320 yards and 10 points? By shredded our defense, you mean Iowa had six sacks and 12 TFL? Our offense was the problem against NW last year, and we won't have a similar problem this year.

As for Maryland? Like I said before, experience doesn't matter if your players suck. Maryland could return everyone, but they still had the 70th hardest schedule in the country last year (even with a game against Florida St [Iowa had the 43rd toughest schedule, for perspective]) and they only scored 26 points a game. Forgive me for not quaking at the prospect of a team that got blown out of the Military Bowl getting an extra year in the weight room.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL.....setting this argument up now for a massive troll job if we lose one of these 3 games. You shtick is old, tired and predictable. Go back to teh Wasteland.

I disagree. The teams we are playing are just that bad.

I would not categorize it that way. There are no (it appears) great teams on Iowa's schedule. No Ohio State. No Michigan State. No Wisconsin of last year.

But that doesn't mean there aren't a host of games where Iowa COULD lose. Not that Iowa will lose, but not out of the realm of possibility.

UNI - return QB, a RB who could start for most B1G teams. Also have back a bunch of starters. Will not be a pushover.
Ball State - went 10-3 last year. New QB, but again, not a bad team.
ISU - yes, Cyclones were 3-9 last year, lost two d-linemen in the off-season and have issues. But you just can't categorize this as a walkover.
Pitt - 7-6 bowl team from a major conference. Playing at their place is likely a pick-em.
In the league season, Purdue and Illinois could be terrible. But my guess is at least 1 of the 2 shows some traction with their new coaches. Indiana is at home, and Iowa should win. But IU is not terrible. At Northwestern, Iowa will likely not be favored. At Minnesota will not be easy, certainly not 23-7 easy again. Wisconsin and Nebraska are at home, but who knows how any of these teams will be by that time of year.

There are no opponents as terrible as Western Michigan and SW Missouri State were last year. Not even close.

What's your problem with me guy?

I think "you shtick" is old.

Obvious Alt is obvious. I've always thought that the Alt game is for *ussies. I mean if I'm gonna Troll Teh Wasteland, it would be as deanvogs, not at YWinston. But whatever dude, if you like to Troll like a *ussy, go right ahead, and I will keep calling you out on it.

Oh, and BTW on the slim possibility that I got you pegged wrong, I apologize......but we both know I don't need to apologize.

By Northwestern shredded our defense, you mean 320 yards and 10 points? By shredded our defense, you mean Iowa had six sacks and 12 TFL? Our offense was the problem against NW last year, and we won't have a similar problem this year.

As for Maryland? Like I said before, experience doesn't matter if your players suck. Maryland could return everyone, but they still had the 70th hardest schedule in the country last year (even with a game against Florida St [Iowa had the 43rd toughest schedule, for perspective]) and they only scored 26 points a game. Forgive me for not quaking at the prospect of a team that got blown out of the Military Bowl getting an extra year in the weight room.

You might have a valid point except that Maryland had massive injuries last year. Stephon Diggs is considered a surefire early 1st round pick at WR, and he did not play last year. Their other WR also is a potential star but was hurt last year. Their QB is a vet, who is rated above our QB.
Maryland made a bowl last year despite losing most of their young team to injuries, but they have no chance of beating Iowa at home this season....if they stay healthy , they can beat Iowa.

Why the arrogance? We were 4-8 two seasons ago, and go 8-5 last year and suddenly Iowa is all-powerful? Give it a break. Puts KF in a no-win situation...if we win...expected, if we lose....fire KF.

Obvious Alt is obvious. I've always thought that the Alt game is for *ussies. I mean if I'm gonna Troll Teh Wasteland, it would be as deanvogs, not at YWinston. But whatever dude, if you like to Troll like a *ussy, go right ahead, and I will keep calling you out on it.

Oh, and BTW on the slim possibility that I got you pegged wrong, I apologize......but we both know I don't need to apologize.
I have no idea what I'm reading.

Nothing is a cake walk in D1 football.

You need a few breaks to go your way here and there. Just ask the 2009 Hawks or the Auburn Tigers of last year. You can have all the talent in the world, but if the ball doesn't bounce your way not much you can do.

I disagree. The teams we are playing are just that bad.

The problem is, we've shown an ability to lose to bad teams. See our rivalry with directional schools; Iowa State and any school that can run a "fake".

If we don't show up ready to play for each and very game, we will lose. The margin for error is not that big anymore in college football and we certainly ain't no Alabama.

The problem is, we've shown an ability to lose to bad teams. See our rivalry with directional schools; Iowa State and any school that can run a "fake".
An ability to lose is not a likelihood to lose. We won't lose to Maryland or Northwestern, and ISU won't be within 2 touchdowns.

This. This is setting up to be a complete failure of a season. Couple players getting pre season all American pub, more getting all big love, predictions as tourney dark horse long shots, etc. It's all shaping up, tobr the perfect let down for what could have been. And as much as players and teams say they dont listen or hear it, I think they do.

At some point you have to live up to your press, or, you never will. So, if not this season, when? We have the most veteran team returning in the West and we play our 2 toughest games at home.

An ability to lose is not a likelihood to lose. We won't lose to Maryland or Northwestern, and ISU won't be within 2 touchdowns.

Well if you know which teams we won't lose to, it follows you know which teams we WILL lose to. So for entertainment purposes, tell us which teams we WILL lose to in 2014?

Latest posts