Kevin Greene Died...

Fryowa

Administrator
58 years old. Used to love watching that guy fly around when I was a kid.

Kinda hits home a little, my mom and dad were both 57 when they died. I hope his kids have a lot of support around them.

Not sure why I remember this, but as a kid I was watching some sports show or whatever and Green asked the guy interviewing him, "Are those your legs or are you riding an ostrich?"

Thought that was hilarious and still do. Hope he wasn't suffering or sick for a long time.

Damn right in the feels. Those Stiller teams in the '90's that ran the Dom Capers 3-4 with the zone blitz were my favorite pro teams ever assembled. Dom would move Greene and Lloyd all around and that was a big architect of the modern defense. If Numbnuts O'Donnell hadn't thrown those horrible INTs against the Cowboys and Barry didn't juke Rod Woodson out of his ACL in week 1, that team would have won the Super Bowl.

58 years old. Used to love watching that guy fly around when I was a kid.

Kinda hits home a little, my mom and dad were both 57 when they died. I hope his kids have a lot of support around them.

Not sure why I remember this, but as a kid I was watching some sports show or whatever and Green asked the guy interviewing him, "Are those your legs or are you riding an ostrich?"

Thought that was hilarious and still do. Hope he wasn't suffering or sick for a long time.
I'm 55.. While I have no imminent health concerns you bet it hits home.

Greene played in my fantasy football heyday. When I paid much more attention to the NFL. Now I frequently work Sundays during the season.

Sad to learn of this. I am a huge Rams fan - and he was the bright light on that team then. Sack Machine, Army Officer (I'm so impressed he stuck with it). RIP Capt Greene!