Kentucky to BT??

Hawkeye2929

I had herd that they were unhappy about being in the sec.The cats have a ok football program and a dang good bb program. Would they fit.

No chance. None whatsoever. Not even feasible from an academic perspective plus you have the whole SEC thing - entirely different approach to, um, "compliance"....

No chance. I'm shocked at how many posts we see like this, where schools with poor academic reputations are mentioned. Academics are a top priority in Big 10 expansion discussions.

No chance. I'm shocked at how many posts we see like this, where schools with poor academic reputations are mentioned. Academics are a top priority in Big 10 expansion discussions.

Not sure if that is correct. It seems like $$ is the deciding factor, Missouri is not exactly a top academic university.

Not sure if that is correct. It seems like $$ is the deciding factor, Missouri is not exactly a top academic university.

Nor is meatchicken state, but we let them join in the 1950s.:mad:

Kentucky has the potential to raise their academic standing. However, that would have to happen before they joined the Big Ten. For one, it would require that they become an AAU institution.

I have spent some time in Lexington, as UK does do some good research in my area. It really doesn't feel all that different from a lot of other Big Ten towns.

That being said, they still have quite a ways to go.

Latest posts