Kentucky Recruiting Ulis

dagnabbit! similar to having Bama offer Ross P. well, maybe being one of the first to offer him will help. if Fran can land this kid, then he just might be the best salesman ever.

Roy Schmidt, who covers Illinois High School recruiting, strongly hinted that James Ulis- Tyler's father- is recruiting Kentucky and attention, and not the other way around.

Roy Schmidt, who covers Illinois High School recruiting, strongly hinted that James Ulis- Tyler's father- is recruiting Kentucky and attention, and not the other way around.

Meh, Schmidt tweeted that Ulis recruitment has turned shady and he wouldn't answer questions on it or comment any further. Pretty vague comment for a guy who makes a living talking to high school kids and their parents and coaches.

Seems to me Schmidt is just a butthurt Illinois sports fans who is just pizzed Calipari might now be involved after he has swooped in and taken the last 2 superstars out of Chicago (Rose and Davis).

Kentucky would be a bad choice for Ullis. 5'8" pgs don't go one and done, you go to Kentucky and stick around a second year, you're going to get recruited over. If he goes to Kentucky we would probably have a good chance of getting him when he transfers after his sophomore year.

I'm not worried yet, since as 136 said, there's no offer on the table yet. Until there is, there's NO reason for "he gone" handwringing/acceptance. And from what the rumor is, Kentucky wasn't that hot on him in this process, anyway. It's his dad bringing IN the attention, not Kentucky giving it out.

I love it when some of these kids state that some school is in their final five schools and that school hasn't even offered them a scholarship. I'm not talking about Ulis but some of the other kids mentioned in the article.

Meh, Schmidt tweeted that Ulis recruitment has turned shady and he wouldn't answer questions on it or comment any further. Pretty vague comment for a guy who makes a living talking to high school kids and their parents and coaches.

Seems to me Schmidt is just a butthurt Illinois sports fans who is just pizzed Calipari might now be involved after he has swooped in and taken the last 2 superstars out of Chicago (Rose and Davis).

I think Schmidt's reaction was inappropriate, but I believe his information. Ulis will likely never sniff a Kentucky offer.

lol at people saying the other marquee schools are "bad fits" for a guy.

People are saying one school, Kentucky, is a bad fit. MSU, Memphis, Mizzou, UCONN and Florida have all offered and nobody is saying those schools are bad fits.

Is it that hard?

People are saying one school, Kentucky, is a bad fit. MSU, Memphis, Mizzou, UCONN and Florida have all offered and nobody is saying those schools are bad fits.

Is it that hard?

man is that some ridiculous competition to go against.

Kentucky would be a bad choice for Ullis. 5'8" pgs don't go one and done, you go to Kentucky and stick around a second year, you're going to get recruited over. If he goes to Kentucky we would probably have a good chance of getting him when he transfers after his sophomore year.

Shouldn't every school be trying to get the best players possible? Isn't this a possibility anywhere he goes? Isn't iowa recruiting over clemmons by recruiting ulis?

Shouldn't every school be trying to get the best players possible? Isn't this a possibility anywhere he goes? Isn't iowa recruiting over clemmons by recruiting ulis?

Doesn't every school produce multiple first round one and done draft picks every year? No, is that only Kentucky?

You are dense. It isn't that Kentucky is morally wrong for recruiting over people, but rather the likelihood of Kentucky landing a PG better than Ulis over the next four classes is about 1000X that of Iowa's chances.

That's why it wouldn't be a good fit for Ulis.

Latest posts